How do I get Alhambra tickets?

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:49 AM
melissa

How do I get Alhambra tickets?

Hello All - I will be in Granada on July 13 and 14 and I just realized that I should get Alhambra tickets in advance. Does anyone have advice on the best way to do this?? Am I too late???
THANKS!!!

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Bedi

When I was in Sevilla last summer, we bought the tickets at the bank a couple of days before heading to Granada. You can buy them at any bank, at least in Sevilla, not sure about the rest of the country. There's probably a way to reserve them on-line before even arriving in Spain. I'd recommend searching through AskJeeves.com.
Do be aware that if you buy ahead of time, you're only given a voucher,which still needs to be exchanged for a real ticket at the Alhambra ticket office. (Unfortunately there's no way to avoid
standing in a looong ticket line!) Give yourself at least 45 minutes before the start of your tour time to take care of this. We didn't and I felt like I was in some crazy movie, dashing through crowds of families and arriving, literally seconds before they closed the tour. If you miss your tour time, you're out of luck. The Alhambra is absolutely amazing! You'll have a great time.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:01 PM
Graziella

I think it is any Viscaya Bilbao Bank
not anybank.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:02 PM
Graziella

...also we got the real tickets. No further waiting.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 08:40 AM
gracie

Melissa, we arrived in Madrid before heading to Granada. We bought our tickets at the Banco Bilbao Viscaya located at Puerta Del Sol, but any other of their branches will sell you the tickets.
Actually, we were also given a piece of papel which we later exchanged into tickets when we arrived to Alhambra..no big deal and no long lines, but maybe it's because we travelled in February.

I think buying them in the bank is the best way to go..I don't know if I would trust doing it through the internet.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 05:27 PM
jahoulih

I managed to buy tickets over the internet. The website is www.alhambratickets.com. Unfortunately, it's only in Spanish; if you can't read Spanish, I posted instructions at the following thread:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...=2&tid=1293077