How cold will it feel?

Search

How cold will it feel?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How cold will it feel?

I will be cruising the Baltic's in mid May. The average weather tells me it is 60-ish, but the humidity is much higher then CA. How cold will it feel? Will I need T-neck and sweater or just long sleeve blouse, etc? Is a light rain coat enough or London Fog with liner? I will also visit Paris and Dublin earlier in May.
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 11:28 AM

We live in Minnesota and are visiting the Baltics this summer. I can tell you that if you intend to be out on the deck while the ship is moving you will really appreciate that turtleneck and sweater and a jacket too. Gloves ahd a hat are also a distinct possibility. If you are referring to just walking around in the port towns, I'd still want the long sleeve shirt and sweater. I don't realy think you would need the London Fog liner. We plan to visit the Baltics in June and July and my son who lived in Lithuania for a year has already told us to be sure to bring rain gear and heavier long pants in addition to the usual.
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 12:06 PM
ira

Hi P,

As noted, on a cruise you have to consider the 12-20 mph winds.

Paris in early May can be hot, cool, chilly; sunny, overcast, rainy; calm, breezy, windy.

Bring an umbrella.

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your help.
I would appreciate more input as to what to wear. It would be especially helpful for tour days while we are off the ship. Perhaps I should retitle my request.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 11:06 PM

It is impossible to foretell the weather, particularly in May. 60-ish seems to be over 20°C, and that would be very warm for mid-May. It can be anything from +10°C to +25°C (very rare), and it can still go below freezing at night. It can rain or it can shine.

Jacket, sweater, shirt, T-shirt. And then you just layer according to weather. Longjohns, hat, scarf and gloves are not needed.