Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

how are the Holiday inn hotels in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 07:20 PM
marye

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday inn hotels in Paris? Will they accomodate a family with 2 children all in one room? thanks.<BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 07:45 PM
sarah

We stayed at a Holiday Inn in Montmarte. It was fine and had a good breakfast. I think each one may be unique, though. I was just with my daughter so I don't know about larger rooms. If noone else knows, see if there's a web site. Also, try running a search for Holiday Inns on the French thread of this site. I remember Holiday Inns in Paris being discussed in the past, but not your specific question.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:24 PM
claire

I stayed twice at the Holiday Inn St-Germain. Perks: great TV and movies, spacious rooms. Decent location, near St-Germain and Monparnasse. Negatives: Zero charm. Not that cheap. Oh whole, I'd go for a charming French hotel in stead of your standard American chain. It really adds to the experience. And don't believe the horror stories of rooms w/o toilets or water pressure.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 04:49 AM
Fred

They're fine, albeit not very "French." More a businessman's hotel. Don't know about 4 in a room - don't think so. But go to: <BR> http://www.sixcontinentshotels.com/holiday-inn?_IATAno=99502152<BR> Fill in the form and you can find out. You might also consider a Citadines apartment/hotel which will give you a little kitchen to have snacks, drinks. The Citadines St Germain gets good reviews.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Sherry

We (2 adults, 1 child, age 10)stayed in Paris last August at the Holiday Inn Republique. It was fabulous with great old world charm. We had a courtyard view with lovely french windows and our room was quite spacious for Europe. We found the location really great, right at the metro stop Republique, and Hopon,Hopoff tour bus almost right there. Great Buffet Breakfast and an outdoor cafe on premises. Close to Italian restaurants, especially for Pizza. Try to get breakfast included in rate, well worth it. Charming area and you can walk to Louvre, etc. if you don't mind a good walk. We would definitely stay there again. Check out the canal near hotel. It apparently has boat rides on it. Good luck! If you check Travelocity.com and click on hotel information on that specific hotel- they always tell you if children are free and how many a room can accommodate. Check Main Policy.Au Revoir

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Christina

Holiday Inn is a franchise, they aren't hotels built to spec or anything. On the edges and suburbs, some are newer modern buildings, but most of them are simply French hotels that have been around a long time that have become a Holiday Inn franchise, so you can't assume anything from one to another. You'll have to ask the one you want to stay in regarding room size and what's available. I know I've read comments from folks that the HI Republique (as mentioned above, it is a quite large hotel and one of the nicer ones) has quite large family-size rooms.