London Walking Tours

Apr 25th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Dale

London Walking Tours

Any suggestions on tour companies for London walking tours? I've seen the web site for London Walks-looks pretty good & not too expensive...

Apr 25th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Kris

We used London Walks for the Jack the Ripper tour and it was interesting walk through some neighborhoods that most tourists don't see and not very expensive (L5?)

Apr 25th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Vanessa

Take as many walks as you can with London Walks! I am never disappointed with their walks. I have taken the Soho Pub walk, the Jack the Ripper Walk, and the Chelsea Walk. I still want to do the Hidden London walk and the one titled (I think) Christopher Wren's London, oh and the Thames Pub walk.

Apr 25th, 2002, 11:49 AM
S

London Walks always get good reviews on forums. We have done the Jack the Ripper walk and though you needed a good imagination it was well worth it
Have fun.

Apr 25th, 2002, 11:56 AM
janis

You are always safe w/ London Walks. They use very good guides and are reasonably priced. But don't overlook other options as well. The day you arrive in London pick up the current issue of Time Out. It is a weekly available at any news stand that lists almost everything happening in and around London. it has a section devoted just to walking tours and there are many that may interest you.

BTW - Time Out isn't just for tourists - the two "bibles" for a lot of Londoners are their well worn A to Z ( pronounced Zed) and the latest Time Out.