paris hotels

Old May 31st, 2002, 01:31 PM
shlomo

paris hotels

Message: I would appreciate any feedback in the Holiday Inn St. Germain in Paris. Need i nice hotel for a Family of 3,a couple and a 15 years age daughter ,1 big room , one double bed + one sofa or extra bed . any recomendations? Thanks in advance.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:09 AM
Alice

I have no personal knowledge but I can provide a couple of excerpts from others' postings, nothing much...Based on these few comments, perhaps there is something more appealing for you. Try a search for "triple" or "suite" and see if you can find some recommendations.
Author: claire ([email protected])
Date: 04/25/2002, 12:24 am
Message: I stayed twice at the Holiday Inn St-Germain. Perks: great TV and movies, spacious rooms. Decent location, near St-Germain and Monparnasse. Negatives: Zero charm. Not that cheap. Oh whole, I'd go for a charming French hotel in stead of your standard American chain. It really adds to the experience. And don't believe the horror stories of rooms w/o toilets or water pressure.
Author: Christina ([email protected])
Date: 10/30/1998, 06:30 pm
. . . To me, the St-Germain Holiday Inn (used to be Quality Inn) is kind of at a rather ugly and busy thoroughfare which is why I wouldn't stay there (near the intersections of rue de Vaugirard, rue de Rennes & bd Raspail), near some cheap discount shops. It is close to metro stops, of course, but I think there are more attractive locations within St-Germain and elsewhere. . . .

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:18 AM
me

you can check out grand hotel st. michel. we stayed in a suite. it wasn't all that roomy but we were family of 4 so they added an extra bed. it's 2 rooms, one with a queen and one with a day bed. it has a mini-bar, 2 tvs, the toilet and shower/sink are in separate rooms. Hotel is in the 5th. It's 3*, has a pleasant lobby and very good breakfast buffet (at additional cost). The biggest negative for us was our room had a courtyard view which wasn't a view at all. The bright side of that was, no street noise. some decent reasonable restaurants right in the area.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:05 AM
Sue

Here again with praises for my favorite little 2 star in the 6th-- Hotel du Lys, mentioned in both the Nat. Geo. Travel article and Cheap Sleeps in Paris. It does have a triple room. Not luxury, but lots of charm.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Todd

-
http://www.frommers.com/destinations//article.cfm?articleid=388&destid=62

Frommer's has printed & run this article about small reasonably priced hotels last year & again, this year. Assuming info is up to date, but ....