hotels in Siena and Cinque Terre Help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to get hotels in August for Siena and Cinque Terre and they are all really expensive or booked. I can get accomodations at Hotel Villo Steno in Monterosso,CT. Has anyone stayed here and did you like it? (There are 3 of us) For Siena i can get an apartment at Borgo Grondaie outside of Siena. This place looks nice and is #1 on Trip Advisor. Want to be outside the walls so we can day trip to other cities. Can anyone recommend better places? We have an 8 year old and wanted to have a pool in Siena.

Also, we plan on taking the train from Pisa to CT? Does anyone know if we can go direct from Pisa or do we have to swtich trains in La Spezia?
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 03:47 AM

I haven't stayed in Villa Steno (couldn't get a reservation), but the people on tripadvisor sure like it!

http://tinyurl.com/l5u3d2
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 05:59 AM

I stayed at Villa Steno. It's great. The rooms are simple but very comfortable. Most rooms have beautiful views and terraces, but a few don't, so be sure to ask for a room with a view.

Service is wonderful. It's family owned and run. Breakfast was a lovely buffet, served indoors or outdoors on the terrace with views of the Mediterranean. The hotel is surrounded by gardens filled with flowers and fruit trees. Highly recommended.
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 06:03 AM

P.S. For Siena, try the Villa Santa Caterina. It's just outside the Porta Romana and very convenient for day trips and an easy walk into the town center. Some rooms are small but they are very comfortable.

Be sure to ask for a room with a view of the countryside. There's a heavenly garden facing the countryside where breakfast is served. Breakfast is a wonderful buffet. The Villa SC is also highly recommended.
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 06:04 AM

P.P.S. No pool at the Villa Santa Caterina.
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 06:34 AM

I cannot comment on hotels, but I do know that you will need to change trains in La Spezia. It is a very easy change.