Search

HOTELS IN SIENA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Carlos

HOTELS IN SIENA

Does anyone have any idea about the following hotels in Siena?(Location, Comfort, nice, clean,service, auto-parking....)<BR><BR>- Jolly Hoel Siena: Piazza La Lizza 1.(150 EUR)<BR>- BW Hotel Executive: Via Nazaareno Orlandi32(167 EUR)<BR>- BW La Residenza Delle Badesse: Via Della Resistenza 67 ( 72 EUR)<BR>- Ristorante Moderno: Via B Peruzzi 19 (98 EUR)<BR><BR>My plan is to arrive next September 14, and I have found all of FODOR'S hotels in Siena booked. I really appreciate your help.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Carlos

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Monica

Hello Carlos, Here's information on the hotel I stayed in last November (notes from my web site http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/home.html)<BR><BR>Piccolo Hotel Oliveta<BR>Via E.S. Piccolomini, 35<BR>53110 Siena<BR>Phone: 0577-283930<BR>Fax: 0577-270009<BR>Email: [email protected]<BR>http://www.olive.../index.uk.html<BR>POC: Antonio Ginanneschi (owner), Alexandra, and Serena<BR>1 week cancellation policy<BR>200.000L/night with buffet breakfast, parking, and all taxes.<BR>Paid with Visa<BR><BR>This was our favorite hotel! Our hosts, Alexandra and Antonio, were wonderful. They were very attentive, informative, and helpful to answer any questions we had. They provided suggestions for our stay and visit around the area. The hotel was once a farmhouse, then a student house. Our room "G" was quite large with twin beds, 2 chairs and a round table, dresser, t.v.; the bathroom was near the entrance, while the shower stall was at the opposite end of the room. This room was once 2 separate rooms. Our window had a partial view of the valley and the reception building. In the reception building, there is a computer/library room, the breakfast room, and a lounge/bar. Quite cozy and comfortable. We felt so much at home; were offered complementary wine and cheese one night, and were given small bottles of first pressed olive oil.<BR>

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 03:36 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Carlos, I totally agree with Monica, as I often do. This hotel is your best deal with a car. The owner are fun and the location is just outside the Porta Romana gate where S-2 enters the walled city--hard to beat for a base location with a car. And, the price is right.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 08:20 PM
carlos

Dear Monica and Bob:<BR>Thanks for your help. I will check the Piccolo Hotel Oliveta and keep post you about their answers.<BR><BR>By the way, doe anybody know about a place to rent a car in Siena?<BR><BR>Best regards and thanks again.<BR>Carlos

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 08:59 PM
Patrick Pietrzak

I stayed at the Hotel Moderno in May 2002. I found it to be clean and comfortable. Service was professional. Ask for a room that overlooks the garden for more quiet.<BR><BR>The hotel had parking.<BR><BR>It's location was at the foot of the San Francesco escalator so it was very convenient to go back and forth to the historic center.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 10:35 PM
WhenSienaitsme

Dear Carlos<BR> Hi!! I think you managed to pick the worst hotels of Siena!!<BR>Jolly Hotel Siena: Piazza La Lizza 1.(150 EUR)Ok, fine location but a Jolly hotel is so anonimous, once inside you could be anywhere in the world.<BR>- BW Hotel Executive: Right next to the new hospital, it was built mainly for the patients relatives visiting. Residenza Delle Badesse: 6 miles out of town in the industrial area close to warehouses<BR>- Hotel Ristorante Modernoefinetely decrepit,needs to be renovated. <BR> <BR><BR>The best are (all have car park)<BR>1)Pensione Palazzo Ravizza, SUPERB!! best location, very friendly and clean, fine restaurant<BR>2)Hotel S.Caterina<BR>3)Piccolo Hotel Oliveta<BR><BR>Good Luck!!<BR>