Hotels in Santorini Greece

Old Jun 4th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Santorini Greece

I would love to hear from you if you have stayed at a nice hotel in Santorini Greece.
I have been researching and there are so many to chose from. Also advise on which city to stay in please. I will be arriving Oct 3rd for two nights....also I will be flying from there to Paris via connection in Athens on Oct 5th. Any advise?
Thank You so much in advance for all of your advice
Jacqueline
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 09:10 AM

We stayed at the Chelidonia Villas in Oia on Santorini. The rooms are actually white-washed cave houses, cut into the rock. The views over the water are absolutely fantastic as was the service. (The rooms are clean and well kept, but not luxury.) You'll need to climb stairs to and from your room, so accessibility may be something to consider. I loved being in Oia - nice shops, gorgeous views, and you get the place to yourself when the cruise ship throngs leave. Heaven! (And we were there at roughly the same time of year as you'll be.)
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 09:30 AM

Because there are so many to choose from it would be helpful if you tell us what your maximum daily room budget will be and which village you prefer. Otherwise there are just too many to recommend, as you've already discovered.
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

My budget is $100 to $150 per night per room..Which side of the Island shall we stay on?
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Dunia123..stairs may be a problem for one person.
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 07:54 AM

Old Oia Houses has one house close to the Clock Tower (The Venetian House) in Oia that is accessible without climbing steps but there is an inside flight of steps to the bathroom. Also in Oia, Olympic Villas, Aethrio Hotel and Olympic Villas have some rooms on the ground floor with no steps to reach them.

There are many hotels away from the cliffs in Fira where step climbing is not needed but to see the views it will be necessary to climb steps.

It may be a better idea if you focus your search on Kamari Beach and Perissa Beach where the terrain is flat and steps are practically non-existent except to the upper floor of a hotel.
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 07:55 AM

Sorry, I meant to write Olympic Villas, Aethrio Hotel and Rimida Villas.