Hotels in Rome and Paris

Mar 20th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Hotels in Rome and Paris

Again, a HUGE thanks to the tons of help I have received from here. My hubby and I are gonig to London, Paris and Rome this summer. We will be in London May 25-30, Paris May 30-June 3, Rome June 3-7. We will be using biddingfortravel.com for our London hotel. I am a bit stuck for the other locations. My hubby and I do not want to spend a whole lot but understand that these cities are not cheap and the dollar is not worth much. Important things for the hotel...

- centrally located (near touristy things)
- in a safe area
- close to a metro/bus stop
- clean
- helpful staff is a plus
- 3 stars or 4, decently decorated (not trying to be snobby...)

Our budget is somewhat flexible but we would like to spend $200-250/night. I have done tons of research but second-guess a lot! Here are the ones that I have seriously considered...

Paris (arrive-train, leave-CDG)
Lenox Montparnasse Hotel
Jardin De L Odeon
Duret Elysees

Rome (arrive and leave- FCO)
Albergo Cesari
Hotel Napoleon
River Palace

These hotels seem to rate well on tripadvisor and the pictures of the rooms look like my style. Any thoughts on these hotesl or their location. Any ideas for cheaper but jsut as nice places? THANK YOU SO MUCH! This really does mean a lot!
Mar 20th, 2008, 01:08 PM

Albergo Cesari is in an excellent location. Walking distance to almost anything you would want to see. No Metro, but close to Largo Argentina, which is a major transportation hub.

Hotel Napoleon: Forget it. On top of a Metro station, but Piazza Vittorio Emanuele is otherwise pretty darn far from anything and quite downmarket.

River Palace: OK if you want to trade location for a fourth star.
Mar 20th, 2008, 01:20 PM

I stayed at the Jardin de l'Odeon last year and enjoyed it. The location is nice because you have access to both metro & RER C lines, besides the fact that it is a good location for walking too. Lots of fun things to do right around the hotel. We got a great rate on the internet. the hotel fits all your requirements. Rooms are not huge but that is normal for european city centers.

I would recommend the Cesari in Rome too for location.
Mar 20th, 2008, 01:32 PM

My grown daughter and I stayed at the Locanda Senatorum in Rome - ead the great reviews on TripAdvisor - and we were so pleased and thrilled w/everything about our room and the hotel-it was perfect! And it Paris we stayed at the Hotel Monge-it was also perfect! Again, check them on tripadvisor-you will be so pleased. Enjoy - it is the sruff that dreams are made of, these vacations! have a great time
Leslie
Mar 20th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

Hey. Thanks for your advise. My hubby and I talked and he really likes the River Palace..it's a steal at $200/night. I looked a lot on trip advisor and people said it was in a great location...could I get some thoughts... We do like the Cesari but it is $270... Thanks!