Search

Hotels in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Rome

Having trouble accomdating our Family Group.We need 3 Rooms for 9 people including 3 Teens. Any suggestions our budget is up to $200 us per room per night
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 05:54 PM

The link below has everthing you're looking for - conveniently sortable by neighborhood. You WILL find good, central, rooms in your budget here (assuming you're not leaving tomorrow). I personally prefer the Campo de' Firoi area.

http://www.eurocheapo.com/rome/
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 08:38 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Some of my co-workers stayed at Hotel Sonya last fall. It's not the Piazza Navona/Campo area that is considered the best place to stay, but they thought the location was fine. They have triples, quads, and even quintuples.
http://www.hotelsonya.it/en/rooms.htm
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 09:11 PM

kybourbon is right, you may have to expand beyond Campo Fiori to find larger rooms. These are in Prati, near the Vatican Museums.

www.alimandi.it -- some of my family stayed there last year. I visited them ther and stayed there myself on a prior visit. Rooms aren't large but they're nice and decent bathrooms too. Nice big breakfast bar that should work for the teens. They have another property too that I am unfamiliar with.

www.franklinhotelrome.it or for better pictures, http://www.romeby.com/franklin/pages/reach.htm
This one is a little farther from the Vatican and its low season rates are in your budget but not the high season. So you might want to let us know when you're going. My aunt and uncle stayed there last Christmas and really liked it.
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 09:46 PM

check out the Albergo del Senato.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 04:59 AM

Our group of 5 stayed at the Hotel Gea last week. It is a well recommended budget hotel and is centrally located. We were able to walk to everything! Our three teens stayed in the "apartment", room 38, which was a double bed and a pull out with a beautiful beamed ceiling (120e), and my husband and I had a pleasant double room (100e). The buffet breakfast is included. Enjoy! (The desk clerk provided a wonderful dinner recommendation for Abruzzese on V. Napoli, 4, very close by - well priced and delicious!)
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 05:42 AM
jay

Try Hotel Des Artistes.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 07:09 AM

The Hotel San Carlo also has triple rooms. The location is wonderful, there are a couple of taxi stands within a block of the hotel, and there's also a Metro stop close the hotel. I can highly recommend this hotel, and if you'll be there in warmer weather, they do have very good and efficient air-conditioning.

Here's the hotel website:
http://www.hotelsancarloroma.com/

Buon Viaggio,
BC