Search

Hotels in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Paris

Please help!

I am looking for advice on where to stay in Paris. We would like to be centrally located (preferably in the Latin Quarter or St Germain area). We are going in June. Our only requirements are a/c, a comfortable room and a modern shower! I would like to spend a max of $300 per night. A lot of what I am finding seem like closets with a bed. I know it's Paris, but I would like something comfortable enough to move around in. I would appreciate any advice and thoughts from Paris travellers. I have used trip advisor extensively, but you can't define a search with specific criteria, and it is taking a long time to go through the many hotels.

Thanks so much!!!!!
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 05:35 AM

Look at the Millesime on Rue Jacob..you can get their superior for 190E, and it is a very nice size..or even the Millesime room for less than $300.

http://www.millesimehotel.com/bewax/US/pre.htm
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 05:45 AM
ira

Hi afull

$300 per night is an ample budget.

Try googling

Hotel Des Jardins du Luxembourg a 3*
http://www.lodging-france.com/paris/...luxembourg.htm

Hotel Saint Germain des Prés a 3*
http://www.123france.com/123/en/hotel.php?id_hot=962

Also, you can search the websites by category.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 05:49 AM

Check out the Hotel du Cadran on the Champs de Mars near the Eiffel Tower. Its owner is very American-friendly (her daughter was a neighbor of ours when we lived in Sydney). The corner rooms on the 3rd and 4th floors are especially nice. They've got AC, good baths, nice furniture, etc. etc. The breakfasts were yummy. It's convenient to a metro station and there is a market every day on a nearby street. Have fun!!!
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 05:51 AM

With the current exchange rate this may be right at the top of your budget or slightly over, but look at the Relais St. Germain. The rooms would qualify as Jr. Suites anywhere else -- absolutely huge. Ours had a full size sofa, 2 lounge chairs, filled bookcases and a desk in addition to the king size bed. All rooms are beautifully furnished with antiques and accessories by the designer owners. Modern baths. It's just a half block from Odeon metro -- a great location. Incidentally when reviewing the price, realize that it is one of the few than include breakfast (which is equal to a good $20 of the cost anywhere else.

For more than $100 less, you can get a superior at Le Regent. Again nicely furnished and bathrooms with tubs, showers, and glass doors. Bright and airy rooms (only if you get the front facing superiors), but of course about half the size, if that, of the rooms at Relais St. Germain.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 07:59 AM

Have a look at our favorite, Hôtel Le Madison. It's on the Blvd. St.-Germain, right across from the church and the métro station. The hotel is set back from the boulevard behind a small square with trees; so room noise is not a problem, and the windows are double glazed. The rooms are also soundproofed, and some are of quite a good size; one of those would fit in your budget nicely. The price includes a lavish buffet breakfast, and there are lots of good restaurants and cafés in the area, including Deux Magots. The hotel is a 3* that would be a 4* if it had expanded room service.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 10:40 AM

Residence des Arts at
Arts-residence-paris.com
might interest you. They have apt. type suites with kitchenettes.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 11:31 AM

Rent an apt from rentparis.com. I used them last year and they were wonderful. I am never staying in a hotel in Paris again. You feel like you have your own place, you can pick up things to cook with, have a nice breakfast, walk back to your apt with a baggette.
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 11:43 AM
CalgirlSusan

These posts never cease to amaze me. Did in ever occur to some of you that if some of us wanted a place that feels like home, wanted to cook for ourselves, and carry groceries back to our place, and make our own beds that we'd simply stay at home? Some of us prefer a true vacation -- with maid service, maybe room service, and at least someone else to cook and clean for us. Apartments are OK for some, but not for everyone!

Old Feb 6th, 2004, 12:53 PM

CalgirlSusan, you are not alone! I love checking out hotels (I don't get out much...
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 02:03 PM

afull,
I stayed at the Relais Bosquet in the 7th arrondissement in April 2003. I snagged myself a superior room at a bargain rate, but even at regular rates, the superior rooms are well within your budget. My room was larger than average, nicely decorated, and the bathroom had a double sink, a good tub/shower combo, and a little radiator to take the chill off. It's right around the corner from Rue Cler, where there are plenty of places to eat and pick up sundries. Also easy walking distance to the Eiffel Tower. I liked it a lot.