Reload this Page >

Hotels in London

Search

Hotels in London

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Chloe_D

Hotels in London

My family is traveling to London the end of this month and we are having trouble finding a hotel. Looking for something clean, convenient location, and reasonably priced... Any ideas? Thanks

Old Jul 6th, 2004, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There have been literally hundreds of threads answering this question. If you do a search you will find more suggestions than you can imagine.

(It might help too if you give some idea of what you mean by "reasonably priced". One preson's reasonable is taotally unreasonable to someone else.)
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 04:08 AM

Hi
If you can do without a/c and an elevator, a clean, pleasant, and centrally-located place where I stayed last January is the Arosfa hotel in Bloomsbury. Cooked breakfast provided every morning. The rooms are small, the bathrooms very small, but even a quad room is 90-something pounds per night. I really suggest that two rooms might be better than one "larger" one just because there would be a little more overall space per person, esp in the bathrooms. Still,when on a tight budget, I would stay there again.
Do a search on it here and at www.tripadvisor.com
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 06:13 AM
tod

Hi Chloe D- I have been to London many times and everytime a new hotel because they never met my expectations. Either the room was down a "rabbit warren", or
the walls were made of cardboard and you could hear everything going on in the rooms all around you. We got tired of being unpleasantly surprised and three years ago went to the Travel Inn on the corner of Dukes & Euston road(aircon) and found it very acceptable.
So much so we moved on to the same at County Hall(no aircon) and finally to the same at Putney Bridge. This time however we decided on a similar "chain" hotel and stayed at the Ibis in Cardington street(right next to Euston Main station & very near Euston Square underground) We would definitely go there next visit because of the Price, 79 pounds per room, Modern,clean, very close to two tubes stations as I said, and especially because Euston Main station has loads of quick breakfast places, coffe shops, chemist, books etc. etc. I really reccommend the Ibis.
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 06:42 AM

There was recently a thread that talked about a special promotion (for 73GBP/night) at the Holiday Inn Mayfair. Check the hotel's own website for special offers.

Priceline is the single best "deal" in London but you have to understand the process. You can't get a room for more than 2 people though so if you need a triple or more it won't work. However if you could do 2 rooms, it may be worth your while. If you have some time to invest, read biddingfortravel.com At least look there for the prices people are paying and what they're getting.

The Travel Inn County Hall and Marriott County Hall are both very popular with families.

Dolphin Square is an apt/hotel also popular with families and they have a swimming pool.

Since you're going soon, you might check laterooms.com, wotif.com and lastminute.com but make sure to double check rates before committing. Some of those deals are non-cancelleable and not any cheaper than what the hotel itself might offer.
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 06:52 AM

That Holiday Inn rate was for a quad room too!! Here's the URL for that promotion

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...rateCode=ISERN

The promo rate is "Europe for less" and there is a condition of 2 night minimum stay.

Here's the thread where it's mentioned
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34509600
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Chloe_D

Hi All -
Thanks for all the replies. I did look at the promotion for the Holiday Inn but it was booked. Has anyone heard of the Harlingford. The rates are higher than we want, but the rooms look clean and new - 105 GBP/night for three people which includes breakfast and tax. I looked at hotels with rooms at 85 GBP/night - but, no surprise, they were booked for the nights we need.

Old Jul 7th, 2004, 01:46 PM

That's a pretty good price with everything included. It's in a
pretty convenient location, close to Russell Sq. tube stop which is on the Picadilly line. Got plenty of good reviews on Trip Advisor, too. Here's the link:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...n_England.html
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Chloe_D

Thanks Taggie. I'll take a look at the link.

Old Jul 7th, 2004, 03:44 PM

The location of the Harlingford is fine and the renovated rooms look good. Just remember no a/c (right now it's not needed but you never know) and no elevator.
Old Jul 7th, 2004, 06:11 PM

You can sometimes get good rates at the Bonnington of Bloomsbury (www.bonnington.com) We've stayed there a couple of times and it's a nice, clean tourist-class hotel. It's a 5 minute walk to either the Holborn or Russell Square tube. It's very close to the British Museum.

Also check out the rates for the Bonnington on Expedia.com or travelocity.com - you can sometimes get it cheaper through them.

Old Jul 7th, 2004, 07:21 PM

Chloe D

The B&B that I stay in the suburbs has a rate of 55 GBP with breakfast for 3. While not as conviently located as Central London, you would be saving a lot of money. A 3 minute walk to the tube in a very quiet residential neighborhood.