Reload this Page >

Hotels in Frankfurt

Search

Hotels in Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 03:36 AM
Tom Hubbard

Hotels in Frankfurt

I am staying just one night in Frankfurt. I need to be within about 30-40 minutes of Frankfurt airport. I'd like to find a luxury class hotel that will give me a real German experience.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Harzer

Hi Tom!<BR><BR>I would certainly recommend you stay in Mainz for a night rather than in Frankfurt, which you are correct in assuming is rather dull.<BR><BR>Whether you will get a full-on German experience in a luxury i.e. international class hotel is open to question, but the Hilton at 68 Rheinstrasse near the river is certainly very well-placed for exploring the centre of town, if that's what you want. <BR><BR>I can't recommend a German-style hotel from experience, I'm afraid, but there is a good range of accommodation here in all categories. There is a booking service at Frankfurt main station, which you might find very helpful, and maybe one at the airport.<BR><BR>Harzer

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Russ

I agree with Harzer's suggestion that you stay in Mainz - a very pleasant place for a stroll with lots of pedestrians-only shopping streets, a small but attractive old-town section with cobblestones and half-timbered buildings, and a beautiful city park. Because of the cost, I haven't stayed in the hotel I'll suggest, but I think it meets your criteria. The Favorite Parkhotel is a four-star place, family-run, with a wonderful location within Mainz' city park near the west bank of the Rhine. There's a terrific Biergarten, and on the occasions I have walked by and looked at the menu, the dishes served at their in-house restaurant seemed very traditional/German. Adjacent to the hotel is an arboretum with reptiles, an aviary, and the manicured Stadtpark with nice walking paths. This location puts you within easy walking distance of the old town area I mentioned, the shopping zone, the main square with its many restaurants, the Cathedral, and the Rhine. If you'll be taking the train into Frankfurt airport, you can walk to the Mainz S&uuml;d train station in about 10 minutes from the hotel; the train ride to the airport is 20-25 minutes from there. <BR><BR>If you pick a different hotel in Mainz, I recommend staying near the old town if possible. The Hilton would work. But if you stay near the main train station where most of the hotels are, you're certain to be in a less pleasant area with lots of traffic and construction noise (the main station is currently under construction.)<BR><BR>Here's a website for the Favorite:<BR>http://www.favorite-mainz.de/

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 08:07 AM
bettyk

Perhaps the Nassauer Hof in Wiesbaden would fit your needs. I have heard many good things about this hotel from associates. It sure looks fabulous from the website and its only 30 minutes from the Frankfurt airport.<BR><BR>http://www.nassauer-hof.de/e_Nassaue...otel/hotel.htm

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Andre

Tom,<BR><BR>I can think of 4 good options:<BR><BR>One is in the countryside:<BR>Schlosshotel Kronberg, a castle 20 kms from the airport.<BR>www.schlosshotel-kronberg.de<BR><BR>One is in Wiesbaden, a pretty spa town 30-40 mins by train from Frankfurt airport: <BR>Hotel Nassauer Hof - traditional grand hotel on the edge of the spa park<BR>http://www.nassauer-hof.de/e_NassauerHof/Hotel/hotel.htm<BR><BR>The other 2 are the "grandes dames" of Frankfurt hotels:<BR><BR>- Hotel Frankfurter Hof, smack in the center of town but should be quite quick to the airport by S-Bahn (train)<BR>http://www.frankfurter-hof.steigenberger.com/index.pg<BR><BR>- Hotel Hessischer Hof, further north near the convention center ("Messe"). Access to the airport train may be a little less convenient from here (not sure though).<BR>http://www.hessischer-hof.de/<BR><BR>Kronberg, Nassauer Hof and Hessischer Hof are Leading Hotels of the World, Frankfurter Hof is a member of the German Steigenberger chain.<BR><BR>I've never stayed at these places - been to the ArabellaSheraton Grand in Frankfurt which is fine, but could be located anywhere in the developed world.<BR><BR>Gute Reise!<BR>Andre

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 10:07 AM
no

Defintitely go to Kronberg - have friends who rate it highly.

Old May 1st, 2002, 06:30 PM
Tom Hubbard

Thanks, all, I appreciate your suggestions!<BR><BR>TH