Reload this Page >

Hotels in Florence

Search

Hotels in Florence

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2003, 07:38 AM
kakiebell

Hotels in Florence

I am having trouble finding an interesting hotel in Florence around 250 Euro---travelling with 17 dnd 22 year old girls. We want to be close to the attractions but in a safe, convenient place. Thank you!!!!!

Old Oct 7th, 2003, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try the Beacci Tornabuoni. It is in a safe, convenient place, close to all the attractions. You don't mention when you are going but it has a wonderful roof terrace for breakfast in mild weather. It is in a very old palazzo, the rooms are large and the staff helpful. Website at www.bthotel.it.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 09:12 AM

i will second that suggestion. i stayed there last year and it was interesting and well situated.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 09:16 AM

If you can't find something at the Beacci, try the Pendini. There are many hotels under 250 Euro.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 09:30 AM

I'd suggest the Hotel Silla, Via de Renai 5, (http://www.hotelsilla.it/) on the left bank of the Arno in the Oltrarno district. Easy walking to the Duomo and centrale sites (10 - 15 minutes), safe and surrounded by lots of interesting restaurants and bars that might be fun for the 17 and 22 year-olds.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 10:44 AM
ira

Hi kakiebell,

Does it have to be around 250E? I can recommend a very nice, basic B&B for under 75E/night dbl.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 04:45 PM

Hello, Ira!
Please do recommend to us the nice B&B in Florence for 75 Euro! Also, where is it located?
Grazie mille!
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 05:14 PM

Kaki- I returned last week, from 2 weeks in Italy, I spent 4 fabulous nights at www.touristhouseghiberti.com I can not recommend it highly enough.Claudio & Christalle are wounderful hosts, and I mean 4 star quality hosts, no request is too large or small.
I arrived around noon jet lagged and exausted and was greated by Claudio, a slight man, I was shocked when he gingerly picked up both my suit case and my sister's( she had a huge 48lb suit case) and carried them up a flight and a half of stairs.
T.G was the former studio of Ghiberti, and has been miticulously restored; the rooms are large with new plaster, sound proof windows, pristine/large bathrooms with modern facilities, the location is great directly behind the Dumo on via Balfini.Not only are the rooms pristine they are decorated with crisp new fabrics, in keeping with the simple Florintine style, there is also a generous buffet brekfasts, sans eggs no shock there .
I would never consider ever staying anywhere else in Florence do your self a favor and check out the web site. I am really fussy and I could not find one fault with this fabulous B& B in Florence, my rate was 145euros in high season & worth every penny. I am sure Claudio would have a large family room that would accomidate you comfortably.
Look for my Italy trip report this week end.
Best of luck
Fluffy
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 05:21 PM

Kaki, I forgot to mention the best part of Tourist House Ghiberti, there's a jacuzzi and sana... yes it's true small but imaculate, great after a long day of sight seeing.
Best of luck
Fluffy
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 05:47 PM

We reserved the Beacci for next week. They also booked the Ufizzi, Pitt and Accademia for us. A great service at no charge!
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 06:36 PM

To Fluffy

Welcome back! I'm sure you still wish you were there.... Looking forward to your report too.

Thanks to you, because of a previous post b-4 your trip about the www.touristhouseghiberti.com I had booked two nights there in May. So I'm glad to hear all the good things both for you, and for me that it was all & more than you expected.

Claudio has been the best in all my dealings with him.

Good luck re-entering into the world from your travels.

E
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:23 PM

Eileen,
I am so jelous I am heart sick for Italy, I am sure your experience will be just as positive as mine at T.G.
My sister & I keep saying " I miss Claudio", he took such good care of us.
My report will include restaurant reviews as well, I know I have a tendancy to spue, so readers I apolgize in advance.
Fluff
Have a great time Eileen
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:47 PM

Fluffy,

For this upcoming trip I'll be going with my 2 sisters and a friend. I was there last year at this time and the year before too, and my heart aches still missing Italy...

Was laughing about your sister because I have learned not to carry a 48 lb suit case. I still laugh very hard picturing myself in Venice for the first time trying to steer the "big case" in the rain over cobblestone & steps! Live and learn...

Also what the heck are sans eggs?
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 02:48 AM
ira

Hi Alba,

We just spent 11 nights in Florence at the B&B Peterson. It is very clean, has ensuite bath and AC. The Ancillotti's are very nice and helpful.

See [email protected]
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 02:50 AM
ira

OOOPS,

That's http://www.bedinflorence.it/
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 05:42 AM

Fluffy- Thanks for the great review. I am staying at Tourist House Ghilberti in April/May while I attend a language course. I'll be there for 2 weeks so I'm thrilled you had such a good experience. Since I am traveling solo this trip, I picked this B&B for it's reviews on very friendly service-so glad you concur. Sounds like a nice "home" away from home.
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 06:11 AM

Fluffy -

So glad you were pleased with THG. I was anxiously awaiting your trip report after your question about possible street noise. I was so hoping you wouldn't be disappointed.

Kakiebell -

In addition to the luxuries mentioned above, each room has a PC with high-speed internet connection which might be something your girls would like.
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 08:30 AM

Hi folks,
Colleen I am so jelous 2 weeks in
Florence, T.G. will be a great home a way from home and a refuge from the hectic pace in Florence.There is a great restarant, around the corner from T.G. very inxpensive with great food frequented by a lot of locals, it was a good sign that neither of the waiters spoke English( so you will have to use Italian) I will post it in my trip report.I have a lot to report including my nightmare hotel experience in Venice.
All the best to everyone, and thanks Rookie for your intial post on T.G.
Fluff