Search

Hotels in Cinque Terre

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Cinque Terre

Hello All-

My friend and I are staying 3 nights in mid-September in the Cinque Terre and I was wondering if anyone had advice on a great place to stay? We were looking to stay in Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, or just outside in Levanto. We're looking to stay somewhere under $200/nt with great views. We love the water, hiking, nightlife, etc...I've emailed a few places I've read about on the Fodor's Forum, including Villa Steno for availability.

Alternatively, I've read that we could wait and possibly find a decent deal when we arrive - but am a bit nervous about waiting - any suggestions are welcome!
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 03:35 PM

Two years ago we stayed in Vernazza for two nights at Camere Giuliano and it was wonderful. I looked on Trip Advisor and the place is still rated #1 among B&B's in Vernazza and consistently getting very high ratings.

We had two rooms for 2 adults and 2 children and absolutely loved the place.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 03:38 PM

We really enjoyed Hotel Pasquale in Monterosso. It is a great value, there is a nice breakfast included each morning, great views and you are on the beach. The staff was so friendly and helpful. There is not an elevator, so be prepared to go up a lot of steps if you are on a higher floor (including bringing up your luggage). Have a fun time!
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 03:46 PM

I think mid-September is not a good time to play it by ear. And one of the problems in le Cinque Terre with looking for a hotel is dragging your luggage around.

You are not going to find much nightlife in that area.
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 04:15 PM

it is not a hotel, but i would like to recommend
http://www.cinqueterre-laposada.com/...partments.html

ask for sole y luna apt.
Truly heaven on earth.
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 07:18 AM

I can highly recommend La Mala in Vernazza-

http://www.lamala.it/en/index.html

Try to reserve room 26, although any of the other rooms would be wonderful. The terrace overlooks the water and cliffs- a terrific view. The owners are very nice. Breakfast is included, taken at a small bar/cafe located near the water.
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 07:24 AM

Several years ago, we had a poor experience at the Villa Diana in Monterosso. It is one of the few places in the Cinque Terre that you can find on the web.
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 09:30 AM

We enjoyed our three-night stay in Santa Margherita Liqure, which is a cute little harbor town, a short train ride from the CT and from Portofino. Here are my notes from our stay at a charming B&B:

"We really enjoyed the Nuova Riviera, via Belvedere 10, www.nuovariviera.com. The little B&B hotel is located on a slight hill, on a quiet narrow road, in a nice semi-residential neighborhood, only 200 meters from the harbor and the center of town. They call it a “liberty villa with garden”, and you feel at home there. __

The owner met us at the front gate, to assist with our bags from the taxi up to our room on the third floor. There is a beautiful staircase at the Nuova Riviera, but no elevator. Breakfast is included (very simple pre-packaged rolls, but nice cappuccino, also simple juice). Our room was very reasonable, 98.50 EUR for a double/twin with breakfast. (It would have been slightly less expensive if I hadn't gone through venere.com) __

Actually, our room had three twin beds, and was quite large with a big wardrobe, a desk, a roll-top desk, and two upholstered chairs. The room had a unique rounded wall, with large windows, and also a ceiling fan. The bathrooms are relatively new, with nicely tiled shower stalls. It was sparkling clean and very charming. __

The owner and his manager live there, I think, so they are there to say Hello and Goodbye whenever you are coming and going. It's a very personal touch, so you feel like you're staying in a private residence really. They are very helpful in answering questions, providing maps and directions."