Reload this Page >

Hotels in Amsterdam

Search

Hotels in Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Scott

Hotels in Amsterdam

Does anyone know anything about the <BR>Bridge Hotel in Amsterdam?<BR>Any other input about good places to stay in the under 90 Euros range would greatly appreciated.<BR>Thanks

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 05:52 AM
SiD

Hmm I used priceline and paid $75 +tax to stay in a 4* Renaissance right by Centraal Station. <BR><BR>I recommend you do the same and use priceline. Priceline only uses like a handful of hotels in the City Centre, so you'll have a good idea which hotel your staying in.<BR><BR>Contact me or check out:<BR>http://pub109.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm231<BR>It list ALL the hotels that priceline use in Amsterdam (by location) <BR><BR>Here's the main page:<BR>http://pub109.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding<BR>

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 07:25 AM
selena

We stayed at the Nadia in the Jordaan. It was very centrally located and the area is very picturesque. Breakfast was included. It cost about 80.00 dollars for a room with 2 twin beds. It wasnt a large room but it was clean and the people running the hotel were really nice.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 07:35 AM
flygirl

I passed the Bridge Hotel, nice location, seems nice.<BR><BR>Hotel Spaander is 12 miles out of town, a lovely big room with a balcony overlooking the sea is 83 euros a night including breakfast. the room was very modern and clean - and the rest of the hotel had European charm.<BR><BR>It's in Volendam, and it takes half an hour by bus to get into A'dam. I liked it, and had no other choices b/c I waited too long to get a room. In the end it was nice to be there though b/c I saw a little bit of life outside A'dam. (although when I go again I will give myself plenty of time and find a nice place RIGHT in town...)

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Larry

I like the Kap Hotel which is near the Heinekin Brewery/Museum. channels.nl has web surfer written reviews on both the Bridge and the Kap. Click on the 1000 reviews link.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 09:13 PM
Andrew

I second Sid's recommendation for Priceline - and Biddingfortravel.com (the short address for the sites he listed) to get info on how to bid on Priceline. The hotel list though is not necessarily a *complete* list of hotels Priceline uses, only the ones that BFT users have reported. Priceline could add or remove hotels tomorrow to the list. But Priceline has a reputation for using quality hotels, especially in the 4-star range.<BR><BR>Currently, in the City Centre zone (which includes the edge of Leidseplein), Priceline seems to use the 4-star Renaissance, Marriott (in Leidseplein), and SAS Radisson. I stayed five nights in Amsterdam last week and got four nights at the Renaissance and one at the Marriott via Priceline; I paid an average (after tax/fees) of about $85/night (I bid about $78/night) - quite good for very nice hotels in good locations. I booked the Marriott room only about 36 hours in advance, too, so Priceline can work for last-minute bids also.<BR><BR>Andrew<BR>