Reload this Page >

Hotels @ Edinburgh Scotland Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 07:47 AM
Cameron

Will be arriving at Edinburgh airport early in the morning. We will be picking up our car at the airport, but I would like to book a hotel room, in order to rest before we begin our journey through Scotland. Any suggestions for a nice hotel would be appreciated. I see a number of them listed on the web site, but other than the Hilton, I am not familiar with them. Thanks for your help. Will need something close, as we will certainly be tired after the long flight.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:31 AM
Barbara

There's the Edinburgh Marriott at 111 Glasgow Road. It's about 2 miles from the airport.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 09:54 AM
x

You can get into the center of town in no time, so I'd suggest that you just book a room right in the heart of Edinburgh. That way, if you take a rest, you'll still be able to take a walk later that afternoon (maybe over to the National Gallery - it's free) and a nice dinner within walking distance of your hotel.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 01:30 PM
Sheila

If you really mean right at the airport the list is limted. If you're prepared to drive a few miles- say up to 15- the choice is pretty wide. Where are you going next?

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 03:15 PM
msa

The airport to downtown Edinburgh really isn't too far, even after an all night flight. We did that after flying from Seattle and didn't have a problem. We got to our hotel, took a short nap, then were out and about. Hope this helps