Hotels around the train station in Milan

May 6th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Hotels around the train station in Milan

We are taking the train from Venice into Milan and flying out of Milan after 3 days. since we have two teenagers and 4 carry ons we thought it was best to stay at a hotel near the train station.Is the area around the train station (Milano Centtale? ) safe at night since we will be walking a great deal and if so any suggestions for a hotel.
May 6th, 2006, 11:30 AM

Peronally I think the area around the station in Milan is not very attractive and quite seedy, especially at night.

However I have stayed twice at a hotel near it out of necessity/convenience. Both times we just arrived in the evening and left in the morning so we didn't much care about it.

If you're staying in Milan 3 days, I would choose a hotel closer to the historical center. If you really need to be near the station, have a look at Starhotels (I think there are 2 of them near the station.) www.starhotels.com
May 6th, 2006, 11:41 AM

Hi Rebam, I agree with amy_zena, with three days in Milan I would get a hotel near the historical center too. I am still "pouting" because my favorite hotel right across from LaScala Opera House is no longer in business. Have a beautiful time in Milan, I love that city!!
May 6th, 2006, 01:07 PM

I was in November at the Starhotel Anderson, just in front of the buses stop from the airport at the side of the station. It's a great hotel, one of the best I've seen. It's rather expensive but I had the chance to take an offer for 100 euros/night which was a great deal for the luxury of the hotel. Take a look at the starhotels page and see if they have something I didn't find the zone so bad, I felt sure even in the night. Sure it's not beautiful, but it has a lot of bars and cafes nearby and it's very good for transport.
May 6th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

although beautiful and great location, I am not able to book a room with any of the Starhotels for 4 people.I found an hotel which will accomediate 4 and it is called Una Hotel Century. Any experiences with this hotel?
May 6th, 2006, 03:42 PM

I stayed at the UNA Century over new year. It's very modern, very nice. Basically all rooms are mini-suites, so basically when you have 4 people in a room, you have two people sharing the queen bed, and two other sharing the converted queen-sized sofa bed. There's no real wall between the bedroom and sitting area, but a sliding door.

The hotel is immediately behind the Pirelli building. It's quiet and safe, but no restaurants, shops or anything nearby. Short walk to Centrale or the subway.
May 6th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks " rkkwan", I feel much better about my reservation.