Reload this Page >

HOTEL VALADON Paris

Search

HOTEL VALADON Paris

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 02:45 AM
Michael

HOTEL VALADON Paris

Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Valadon in Paris. The hotel is in the 7th. Any comments are appreciated.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:06 AM
parislover

Michael: Have not stayed there but walked by. A tiny 12-room two star place. Did not really appeal to me. The area is ok, close to the famous Rue Cler, but Rue Valadon is less busy, i.e. more quiet. Don't expect a palace, two-stars in Paris are quite basic and Valadon does not seem to be an exception. If you are on a budget, it's most probably ok.<BR>http://www.hotel-valadon.com/

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 04:33 AM
elaine

Hi<BR>I had gleaned these comments, haven't stayed there<BR>From Rick Steves's recommendations: "Plain lobby, spacious, comfortable rooms, friendly staff." Fodor's forum April 2001:<BR>"We've stayed there several times-a good location- much quieter than Rue Cler and only a block away.It is clean and pleasant- fairly basic."<BR>Sept 2001<BR>"We stayed there in May. It was lovely- bedrooms remodeled with a very French decor of red, white, and black. The beds have feather duvets. The owner served us breakfast himself. The concierge made us reservations for two very good bistros and for the concert at the Madeleine. <BR>We have always found the street very quiet , although it is only a couple of blocks from Rue Cler." <BR>From International Travel News, Jan 02:<BR>"I found the perfect hotel…&lt;the Valadon&gt; is near the Eiffel Tower just off the market street of rue Cler. This small, very friendly hotel is very modern, completely comfortable, and secure…10 en-suite rooms on five floors with a lift, plus a 'family cottage' with two attached double rooms…the bathroom there is large enough to field a soccer team!…Every room has been renovated, has phone, tv, hairdryer, safe, toilet, and shower...bilingual hosts…rates include taxes, service, and breakfast."<BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 05:20 AM
sue

My son and his wife stayed there this past fall and are planning to stay there again this next year. Their comments were : It doesn't look like much from the outside but its very clean, pleasant staff, nice rooms and breakfast is included.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 02:10 PM
MaryC

Michael, are you following me to Paris???? ; ) 1st you want tickets to the Barber of Seville on the 16th (we couldn't get them for the 12th either) and NOW you mention the hotel where I'm staying!! : )<BR><BR>All I know is that Maria Orsenne, she and her husband are the owners, is one of the nicest people in the world. She attempted to get tickets for us!!! It seems like a nice place. Clean, free breakfast (including fruit basket, yogurt, English-speaking newspaper), central to everything (including the Rue Cler market - yahoo!), and inexpensive!!! We've already ordered the feather duvets. Comfy. : )

Old May 7th, 2003, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ttt for Smalls
Fluffy
Old May 7th, 2003, 01:47 PM

We stayed at the HOTEL VALADON this past April, 2003 for 5 nights. We were very pleased with the accomodations
(triple, non-smoking FAMILY ROOM) which was rather large and spacious for the 3 of us. The hotel was very clean and the morning breakfast (croissant, fresh baquette, jams, jellies, honey, coffee and/or hot chocolate and juice, no fresh fruit or yogurt) but enough food to keep us going until mid-afternoon. If you are looking for a reasonably priced, convenient location (one block over from RUE CLER) in a clean, quiet and secure building this is a great little place. We slept wonderfully on their comfy beds and their feather duvets are heavenly. The bathroom is located downstairs and is spacious, clean and modern with a seperate little
water closet for privacy. We will seek this hotel out again for our next stay in Paris.
Old Nov 2nd, 2003, 02:11 AM

btw, the correct website is :

www.hotelvaladon.com
Old Nov 2nd, 2003, 07:25 AM

They have what I consider to be a stiffer-than-usual cancellation policy (probably necessary for such a small establishment), which I tend to steer clear of, so just be aware of that.