Search

Hotel Valadon

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Valadon

Ok, if I could possibly tear myself away a little bit longer from my family I would love to stay in Paris 4 more days alone. I have been checking out the Hotel Valadon. It gets high marks on TA. But I'd like to know what fodor's people might have to say about this hotel. Anyone stay there recently? I'd love some feed back.

Hopefully after being with high school kids for 10 days I'll still have the strength to go on for 4 more days.

BTW, last night my dd and I watched good company ( I think that was the title)with Russel Crowe and one of my FAV'S Albert Finney. We laughed and cried through the whole movie. I can't wait to watch it again.

Thanks, Theresa
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 08:02 AM

I found a couple of older posts.... you can read more current reviews at Tripadvisor - it's favorable...

Author: BlueSwimmer
Date: 07/21/2006, 09:29 am
If some of the kids are old enough to not be right with you, check out Hotel Valadon's family cottage with two adjoining rooms: http://www.hotelvaladon.com/ The main room has a king and single. The second room has a double. That would give you room for five. Maybe they could add a cot? We enjoyed our stay here. It is very clean and bright in a great location in the 7th near the Rue Cler. Non-smoking...ahhhh! No odor in the room! The only downside is that the bathroom is down a somewhat steep staircase from the main room, which might not be good for really small kids. Otherwise it is comfortable and charming. The main room is in a separate building off the back of the hotel across a tiny courtyard. It has a small patio with tables and chairs. The other room is on a lower level, and I believe connects through the bathroom, though you should ask to be sure (we only had the main room, not both.) Good luck with your trip!

Author: topcat
Date: 07/10/2005, 10:49 pm
If you're expecting to find a hotel that has received perfect marks from everyone in every category, I think you'll be disappointed wherever you choose. We stayed at the two-star Hotel Valadon in the 7th last month (currently rated #156 in Paris on Trip Advisor), and were absolutely delighted with it.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 08:19 AM

Hi Mamaw

I stayed at the Hotel Valadon in April 2006 and 2007 and enjoyed it both times. All the rooms are a really nice size and kept very clean.

Marie and Victor Orsenne (the owners and operators) are very personable. The front desk is not manned all day. The Orsennes are usually there in the morning and possibly the early afternoon, but if there is a problem they live right across the street. Because they live in the neighborhood, they are also able to make knowledgeable recommendations for restaurants in the area.

Breakfast is very basic - a roll, a croissant, homemade jam, coffee or tea and juice. There is a communal refrigerator in the breakfast room, so if you want to add something like cheese, yogurt or fruit to your breakfast you can keep those items in the refrigerator.

Also if you get the chance, buy some of the jam made by Mr. Orsenne it is very good.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 08:41 AM

We have a reservation there for our last night in Paris in May, so I haven't actually been there yet. However, I can say that when I inquired about a reservation, and then made the reservation, Mrs. Orsenne replied back instantly and was very courteous, and also was kind enough to recommend transfers from CDG to her hotel.

I'm hoping it will be a very nice end to our trip, and to yours, as well.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your ideas. I just heard back from the hotel. They are booked for those days. It is right a Easter time.