Search

Hotel U Tri Pstrosu (3 ostriches)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel U Tri Pstrosu (3 ostriches)

Hi all,
I know a number of folks on this forum has recommended this hotel and I am considering it for an upcoming trip. I am booking directly with the hotel and they are asking for my credit card information to confirm the reservation. Is this typical? I am asking because I've never booked directly with a hotel before (always done it through orbitz, expedia, hotels.com, etc.) and I just want to make sure this is what people usually do.

Thanks!
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:50 AM

Yes.

Just make sure you know the terms you're agreeing to and how they apply if you back out.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:42 AM

YOu've never booked with a hotel that asked for your CC to confirm a reservation? That's incredible, I've never booked with one that didn't (at least not for maybe 20 years). YOu have to give your CC information to those other websites you named, don't you. As Russ says, just understand the booking and cancellation terms (some hotels charge one day to your card immediately, some don't, some have a booking fee, some don't, etc.).
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:02 AM

I'm one of the longtime fans of the Ostrich domain..it's dramatic overlook of the bridge is a powerful introducton to the city and seems to take its pulse.

If I recall, I was asked for CC info and they assured me via return email that it would not be used for the one day penalty until (and if) we didn't show. I soee no risk in it, but do go over all the items suggested above. Be sure to ask for a bridge view!
stu
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:14 AM

these pics may help you to get a preliminary "feel" for the city. Also included some pics of a deserted Telc (in March).

https://picasaweb.google.com/stuartt...cenesOfPrague#
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies! I decided against the bridge view because I thought it might be too noisy (I am a VERY light sleeper).

Has anyone stayed at the hotel Konvice in Cesky Krumlov? If so, would you recommend?
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
We too loved this hotel. One night there was a choir from the US singing in the late evening below the tower. [Not you Stu]