Hotel suggestions on Porto and Lisbon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be travelling to Portugal in October, and I would like suggestions for hotels in Porto and Lisbon. My price preference is for something around 60-80 euros per night, close to the city centre. Parking is not necessary. Clean and convenient is what I am after.

There is a Best Western in Porto; has anyone stayed there?

Any insight is welcome. Thank you.
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

Ugh, the dangers of posting late at night: the title should read "in" not "on" Porto and Lisbon. Time for some shut-eye.
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 08:13 AM

In Lisbon I suggest you look for deals in the Avenida da Liberdade area. This guide to that avenue/area of the city lists a few hotel choices there: http://www.lisbonlux.com/lisbon/aven...liberdade.html

In Porto, this site recommends a few within your budget, most in central locations: http://www.gooporto.com/porto-hotels/

In both cities you'll find that there are good 4-star hotels and other good choices at around 60-80 euros per night, especially during October.
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, these websites are great.
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 02:12 PM

We were in Portugal in November for 2 weeks and loved it. We always rent an apt, particularly for the washer/dryer. Had a fabulous one in Lisbon from www.homeaway.com #233888. Much better than pics and owner is fabulous, helpful and responsive. Extremely large apty with large LR, large DR,, large bedroom and nice kitchen and bath with tub.It was wonderful. Fab location with bakery, grocery and butcher right there and trolley runs in front of apt.

In Porto, we rented #432234, IF and again it was great but a studio but in a great location. Owner came by mid vist to see how were were doing.

Can highly recommend both. jk
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 01:03 PM

In Porto we recently stayed at the trendy Porto Trindade, walking distance from the centre and with good bus/metro connection to get back (because it's very uphill). Rooms a bit smallish but very clean and excellent breakfast included. Very friendly staff. Ask for a room facing the back because the hotel is on a busy street.
http://www.hotel-portotrindade.com/
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 07:54 PM

In Lisbon we stayed at Residêncial Florescente Hotel.
Very convenient accommodation near Praça do Rossio and Praça dos Restauradores,near train and metro station, on pedestrian street. Free Wireless Internet access, air con, breakfast buffet. We paid 60 Euro / night
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 05:26 PM

In total agreement with valtor. I stayed at Florescente last January for 5 nights (it was 35 euros during low season), and loved the convenient location and everything about it!
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 05:48 PM

We stayed in Novotel Lisboa; not central but very modern and very good. Best Western Inca in Porto; central but old. Both should fit your budget. Check http://www.rumbo.pt/ for rates