Hotel Scribe in Paris??

Search

Hotel Scribe in Paris??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2004, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Scribe in Paris??

Would you recommend hotel scribe in paris? I couldnt find a website for this hotel. Do you know how far it is from Champs Elysees

Thanks alot
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 08:43 AM

http://www.sofitel.com/sofitel/fiche...he_hotel.shtml

Its between Madeline and Opera. About a 10 minute walk to place de la concorde then another 15 or so to the Arch de Triomphe....

From what I understand it is a lovely hotel but havent personally been there.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 09:02 AM

The Hotel Scribe is now managed by the Sofitel group (which is owned by Accor) although not actually a Sofitel hotel itself. If you want to be close to the Champs Elysees, Sofitel has several very nice hotels that are much closer. There are five Sofitels in the 8th arrond., all very close to various parts of the Champs Elysees.
We have stayed at the Sofitel Le Parc in the 16th, and it was an easy 10 minute walk to the Arc de Triomphe. The hotel was a sheer delight and we are eagerly antitipating our next stay there. The neighborhood around the hotel is an upscale residential district with plenty of very nice shops, cafes, restaurants, plus some sites like the Guimet museum, the Trocadero (with its great views of the Eiffel Tower) and the Victor Hugo metro stop just a 3 minute walk from the hotel. You won't run into tour bus hordes there, but you *might* run into Johnny Depp or Olivia de Haviland, both of whom live in the neighborhood.
I suggest you go to www.sofitel.com and look at all their Paris hotels. All of them will be 4 star hotels, but if you scout their Internet offers carefully, you can get them at 3 star prices. Service at Sofitels tends to be very good; we have never had any disappointments with them. Best rates for these hotels are found by booking from the Sofitel web site--I've yet to come across any other site with prices beating their own Internet specials (with the possible exception of Priceline, but of course, there's a chance you won't get the hotel you wanted). Other metro stops were close by as well.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 12:04 PM

There's a nice Sofitel that's located very close to the Arc de Triomphe & Champs Elysees. It's Sofitel Astor. Most Sofitels do have specials and/or offers so just email them and ask. This one in particular has 2 suites they call Governor Suites located on the top floor with terraces. One suite is larger at 60 meters squared and has a wraparound terrace so you can see from Montmarte to the Eiffel Tower. I have contacted them to get information on their room rates but the terrace rate I cannot afford at all even at their special offer of 800 euros/night including breakfast! Regular rate is 1,100 euros/night without breakfast.

If you sign up for the Sofitel Preferred Guest card you get points and also some amenities like a gift, welcome drink, etc.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 12:28 PM

The Scribe is at #1 Rue Scribe which runs right along the side of the Opera house from Blvd. des Capucines to Blvd. Haussmann. The area is busy, but very nice. I have seen the Scribe offered in several packages lately and it has always been on the 'luxury' end of the scale. I looked at Tripadvisor.com but there were no reviews from people who had stayed there, just the description of the hotel itself.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 12:35 PM

. . just a follow up - this location is very convenient as you are near several metro lines; the 3,8, & 7 are close by with the RER A within walking distance. The 14,8 & 12 lines are about 1/2 mile down the road at the Madeleine.