Hotel Santa Maria in Trastevere-Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stay at this hotel recently or tried to contact them by email about room availability? Four days and still no response and yes I have sent a second request. I am inquiriy about days in October, but surely if nothing was available they would still reply. I have since found another B&B Arco Del Lauro in Trastevere that also get rave reviews on Trip Advisor. They replied in less than 24 hours with a rate that saves us 90 Euros a day. Maybe this is my sign to stay within budget and go with Arco Del Lauro. But when I saw the pictures and reviews for Hotel Santa Maria I really want to stay there. Any thoughts on lack of response or between the 2 properties appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 05:27 AM
hdm

We considered the Santa Maria for our trip in 2005. I can't remember why we didn't end up there -- maybe they were booked.

If you want a third choice, try the Hotel San Francesco, also in Trastevere. That's where we stayed and we loved it.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 06:37 AM

I was corresponding with them before Christmas for rooms in June. They did respond... I just checked through old emails to see what address I used, but couldn't find it. We ended up reserving Acro del Lauro because of the reviews on Trip Advisor.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I will look at Hotel San Francesco. PSG- did you like arco del lauro and location ?
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 02:02 PM

We haven't been there yet - will go in June...and I can't wait!
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

psgmartino,
Please post your findings when you get back for arco del lauro. I have booked them for October. Have a great trip.
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 06:11 PM

Thanks - I'll do that.
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 07:22 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
We couldn't get into the Santa Maria this past October, so &quot;settled&quot; for the Arco del Lauro...which we <i>loved</i>! My review is on TA. We walked past Santa Maria several times, and it does look lovely. Its location may be considered a bit more central in Trastevere, but not 90E/day better! When we decided to stay in Rome an extra day, we actually were able to get a cancellation at Santa Maria -- but opted to stay at Arco del Lauro instead.

And yes, I did have the same problem w/the res. system at SM. I think they just get so many requests, they don't have to be as conscientious as less-popular places.