Hotel Room Sizes in Paris ??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend and I arrive in Paris in a few weeks and need advice. Due to a number of reasons, we have narrowed our hotel choices to three in the First. After searching many web sites we are finding mixed reviews on just how nice a hotel is but much more important, our first choice may have the smallest rooms. We are two women staying almost two weeks and we are looking for Size without having to book a suite. Our three choices are:
Relais Saint Honore
Royal Saint Honore
Mayfair
Can anyone help us, mainly with the room sizes? We have stayed in Paris before the Euro soared so this time in order to make the trip we had to choose another hotel.I belive each of these hotels are renovated.
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:36 PM

Have you considered renting an apartment?
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, but no, we wish to stay only in a hotel and want to make a choice between the three hotels mentioned.
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:44 PM

Ask the hotel to give you the room measurements.
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:45 PM

I think the odds that someone will have stayed in all three to compare are probably slim, but maybe someone can state dimentions.

However, if I care about room size, I always ask the specific hotel directly what the size of the rooms are in various categories I am considering. All hotels I've dealt with that I've liked have been willing to answer that questions, so you might want to do that. I always ask at the same time as requesting availability so as not to have a lot of different emails to them. You might try asking them in addition to seeing what folks here say.
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:19 PM

I, too, have had the same experience in getting room size info. from hotels as Christina has. It's not a secret and the staff will inform you if you email them. It's going to be hit and miss asking in a forum as no one may be able to answer that question specifically. You might get responses that the room is 'tiny' but you won't know what 'tiny' actually means. Just ask the hotel directly.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 07:22 AM

Hotels also often have a lot of variation in their room sizes or configurations, so unless someone has stayed in several rooms in a hotel (or if the rooms all happen to be exactly the same) it is very difficult to do a comparison. Overall room dimensions are helpful but not foolproof as bases for comparison. One room can have bigger furniture in it leaving little floor space, another room may have an alcove or pillar or armoire or cupboard jutting in or out that affects useable space. All you can do is estimate.