Reload this Page >

Hotel Recommendations Needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Jackie

My husband and I are traveling to Dublin in mid-may and would love a recommendation for an authentic irish hotel -- looking for three stars, good location (St. Stephens), clean of course, and reasonably priced -- Thinking about the Georgian House but are very open to suggestions. Your help would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 04:38 PM
cd

Jackie<BR>Repost with, "Dublin Hotel Recommendatons" People have no idea what you're talking about so they don't even read it.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Julia

we are booked at Staunton's on the Green<BR><BR>http://www.hotel-ireland.com/stauntons-on-the-green/

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 09:06 AM
John

Hi Jackie,<BR><BR>Check out the Trinity Lodge. My wife and I stayed there last month and were delighted.<BR><BR>Best location in Dublin - between Trinity College and St. Stephens Green. Two blocks to Grafton Street. A short four five blocks to the entertainment area (don't stay there it is too noisy).<BR><BR>You can walk to 90% of the normal tourist interest sites.<BR><BR>The best is the hotel rooms and service are super.<BR><BR>You didn't ask but, if you like Italian food, you might want to try Pacinos restaurant. Great food with impecable service overseen by a hands on owner.<BR><BR>Have fun.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Tim

We recently stayed at the Kilronan House. It is a 15 room guest house several blocks off St Stephens Green, about a 10-15min walk to Grafton Street. <BR><BR>It is a nice house with a decent breakfast and friendly owner. It is clean and well appointed however, the rooms were a little cramped...but this is probably not unusual for Dublin B&B's. We paid 65 euros/pp but had to share a toilet. Parking is included but very tight and they recommended parking on the street.

Old May 21st, 2002, 07:26 AM
tupper

Whatever you do, don't stay at the Burlington. It is very noisy and the staff are not that helpful. Many of the rooms are near the entrance to a nightclub and you can hear the partygoers enter as well as leave, when they are very noisy.

Old May 21st, 2002, 08:10 AM
Deb

I also recommend Kilronan House. I have stayed there twice the last time in April 2002. The current owner has upgraded since we were there last in 1999. We paid 76 Euros each in a lovely twin en suite room (with full breakfast (the breakfast was great)<BR><BR>Terry, the owner, is very accommodating. We had to leave very early in the morning to catch a plane and Terry made sure that fruit and cereal were in our room so we didn't miss breakfast. It is within blocks of Stephen's Green and Grafton Street and is not noisy in the evening.<BR><BR>I highly recommend you DO NOT drive in Dublin. Dublin is really expanding and so a lot (and I mean a lot) of streets are one-way. I had driven in Dublin successfully in 1999 and although I had a basic idea of where Kilronan was, I spent over 1 hour getting to where I needed to go.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Angela

Whatever you do do not stay at Staunton on the Green. It is a tired and very run down place now badly in need of decoration plus the receptionist is downright unfriendly. If you can afford to spend a bit more money Buswells which is very near is absolutely wonderful. They have a lovely bar and restaurant attached.