hotel recommendation in Paris and venice near train stations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first time to paris and venice and I want it to be stressless as possible. Hoping to train it from Paris to venice then on to Munich. Im looking for reasonable /budget accommodation in these cities close to stations as I don't want to spend hours getting from station to hotel. Somewhere convenient, budget orientated, close to stations but close enough to be in the mix of it. Is there such a place?
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 04:42 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
OK -- you may have some sort of misconception of Paris and Venice. For a first time in either city I wouldn't stay near the train stations.

>><i>I don't want to spend hours getting from station to hotel</i><<

I would not want to be stuck in a less than comfortable neighborhood near a railway station just to avoid a 10 minute metro or cab ride.

Especially in Paris - getting to any train station from most parts of the city is easy as pie and definitely doesn't take "hours" to get anywhere.

>>Somewhere convenient<< there are hundreds of convenient hotels

>>budget orientated<< What is your budget?
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 04:49 PM

We stayed at Hotel Terminus Lyon near Gare de lyon last June. Not a budget hotel, 3 star, very convenient, good breakfast, comfy, great neighbourhood. Cost was 544 euros for 4 nights including breakfast. I booked it on easytobook.com
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 04:57 PM

Don't know what your budget is, but the first time we went to Venice we stayed at the Hotel Carlton near the train stattion, you cross the Scalzi Bridge and you will reach the hotel in just a couple of minutes. Very nice and nice neighborhood also to walk around in.

www.carlton.hotelinvenice.com
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 05:41 PM

Every city in the world with train stations has plenty of hotel options right by them. Usually, they are fairly undesirable properties (though not always the case). Generally speaking, there is little stress associated with staying in a nicer hotel away from the station area and making a short trip back to the station on foot, by public transportation, or taxi. Certainly in Paris and Venice, I would far prefer to take a 5- or 10-minute trip back to the station rather than stay right by it. It's never a question of hours.