Hotel rates seem high

Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:08 PM
Original Poster

Hotel rates seem high

I was under the impression that hotel rates in Budapest were more reasonable than in other cities but in researching hotels for next May most are over $100 a night. Has anyone found a hotel that is less and is on Pest side near transportation....as I have a walking problem.
Aug 23rd, 2003, 06:43 AM
Rod

I think that hotel rates in Budapest are still quite reasonable, if not as much of a bargain as once -- but the same may be said of any number of things. Part of the issue has to due with currency exchange rates, and they have not expecially favored the US$ of late.

That said, while I can't speak to rates for next May, you might consider, in no particular order: Ibis Centrum; Kalvin House; City Hotel Matyas.
Aug 25th, 2003, 04:58 PM

We stayed at the Marriott a week ago for 89 euros. Yes, the exterior of the hotel is ugly, but you can't beat the view of the castle and the Chain Bridge, especially at night.
Aug 25th, 2003, 05:22 PM

Once again, Priceline has worked well for many people, getting cheaper rates for 4* hotels than what has been posted here.
Sep 19th, 2003, 09:05 PM

What kind of rates did you get on priceline and for what number of stars--rating on your hotel and what hotel did you end up with? Thanks
Sep 20th, 2003, 05:20 AM

From the list at http://www.biddingfortravel.com , people have won the Marriott and
Art'Otel (both 4*) on Priceline, with bids in the $55 to $70 range (plus taxes and fees).