Search

Hotwire Info.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 12:26 PM
Justin

Hotwire Info.

I'm looking to go to NY from Jan. 17-21, 2003. I checked Hotwire to see if there were any deals now. It listed a 4 1/2 in Midtown East with a restaurant on premises, a fitness center and a business center. Anybody gotten this hotel before? If not, any idea as to which one it may be? Thanks for your help.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 12:31 PM
xxx

Pretty much all 4 star hotels in the US have a fitness center, business center and restaurant... I believe those are some of the major criteria that are used by places like Priceline, Hotwire and AAA to rate a hotel...

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 12:32 PM
Huh

I may be misreading your inquiry, but what is the name of the hotel?

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 12:35 PM
Huh

I may be misreading your inquiry, but what is the name of the hotel?

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 12:36 PM
xyz

Huh, you completely missed the point. Hotwire doesn't tell you the hotel until you've booked. Justin wants to know if anyone has an idea from their experience what this hotel might be.

Maybe you should change your name to Duh.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 12:39 PM
Howard

You didn't say what the price was.
Keep in mind that January is a fairly slow period in New York. So, it's possible that you'll get better deals if you wait.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 12:52 PM
xxx

I'd bet it is the Waldorf Astoria. Not quite a 5 star (well yes, the Towers) but not a 4 star.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 03:03 PM
Sue

Did the "Priceline w/ Sheryl" thread get deleted? Can't seem to find it and I liked the idea that someone had about starting an advice forum for Priceline and Hotwire users WITHOUT the cranky administrator.

Justin, the previous poster may be right - the hotel you're looking at MIGHT just be the Waldorf. Very cool.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 04:34 PM
Jen

Yes, the thread about Biddingfortravel/Sheryl got deleted, just when it was going hot and heavy!

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 02:59 AM
Me

I could tell you which one it was when I booked it, but might not be the same for you. You'll have to find out the way everyone else does.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:44 PM
Justin

Sorry I left out the price--I believe it was $143 per night. Thanks again for your help.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 01:31 AM
gpepper

At priceline.com you probably can get (in midtown-East) Shelburne Murray Hill for $85 -90 or maybe even DuMont Plaza for that price. Both are within 6 - 7 blocks of Grand Central (42nd St.) and 2 or 3 blocks from subway stop.

Both have big rooms, small kitchen with microvave, refridgerator. DuMont lists for about $300 per night, but check "biddingfortravel.com" - you can get for under $100.

The Murray Hill neighborhood is one of the safest in NYC.

genevieve