COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Hotel Pescille or Relais Santa Chiara??

Old Jun 24th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Hotel Pescille or Relais Santa Chiara??

Can anyone give me any information on these hotels? We are considering both for our stay at the beginning of October. We know that they are both outside the city of San Gimignano. I am not interested in price but I would be interested to know which is nicer, which is more convenient to San G. and what the view is like from the hotel. Any helpful info. will be greatly appreciated!!!
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 09:38 AM

Both are good choices, but the Santa Chiara is much closer--about half a mile--and more modern and expensive.

The Pescille is about 3 miles south and on a hill with great views. More authentic, good hiking around the grounds, and less expensive. Hope this helps and good luck !
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 10:14 AM

We stayed in the Santa Chiara last year and really loved it. It is a very short walk into San Gimignano itself (10 minutes or so)but slightly removed so that you can avoid the tourists during the day. It has a lovely view, a nice pool, a great breakfast on the terrace and the staff is great. I can't tell you anything about the Hotel Pescille.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 10:25 AM

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Pescille twice. We loved it so much we went back the second time. I can't tell you about the other hotel but the Hotel Pescille is conveniently located, quiet, good parking, great breakfast, great rooms and very pleansant staff. The grounds are beautiful. Hope you have a great time wherever you stay.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 10:28 AM

We stayed at the Pescille after it was featured on the "Room with a View" page in CN Traveler magazine. We loved it.

We had a pleasant, comfortable room with a big terrace overlooking the towers of San Gim, which is a short drive away. The hotel is surrounded with vineyards, has a nice pool and very good restaurant. At night you can walk down the driveway and be amazed at the quiet and the stars.

We'd go there again in a minute.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Gino

You may want to consider La Capuccina on the outskirts of San Gim.
Beautiful large grounds. Not well known.We have stayed there twice and found it both charming and very economical.Beautiful views of SanGim.
http://www.sangimignano.com/lacappuccina/indexe.html

Old Jun 25th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info everyone!!! Doesn't sound like we can go wrong either way....