Hotel Pendini in Florence

May 7th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Pendini in Florence

In reading the past threads, I am getting a mixed reviews on this hotel. I seems like the more recent the posting, the worse the review. I have booked rooms there for late July and am wondering has anyone stayed there in the last few months? The location seems great and the view from the breakfast room sounds lovely. The unfavorable comments focused on cleanliness. Your comments would be very helpful!!!
May 8th, 2003, 10:24 AM

I don't have first-hand experience, but I'll be in Florence later this month and I had originally reserved a room at Pendini based on descriptions in Fodors and Rick Steves. Based on the mediocre-at-best reviews (loud and somewhat worn) I saw here and elsewhere (no one said they loved it), I changed hotels to the Hotel Silla across the river. That has received better reviews and is only slightly more expensive.
May 8th, 2003, 04:12 PM

My friend stayed there a couple of years ago and was very underwhelmed even then. She did not recommend it.
May 8th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses!! Axelrod6, did your friend say what it was that underwhelmed her? We are a family of 6 so if I am going to make a change, I better do so soon!
May 8th, 2003, 04:58 PM

At that time, she just thought it was not a good value for the money and lacked charm. No horror stories. Since then it appears that other people had worse experiences.