Hotel Orion in Zermatt - website?

Dec 13th, 2002, 06:47 AM
rob

Hotel Orion in Zermatt - website?

I have heard Hotel Orion is a great deal in Zermatt over the Julen. But, I can't find it on the web. I understand it is nice and you can use all of the Julen amenities (spa, meals, etc.). Is this true? What is the Orion like? Am I spelling it correctly? Do you know the web address? Thank you.

Dec 13th, 2002, 08:57 AM
OO

Zermatt has an excellent web page that lists all hotels and B&Bs. If the spelling is correct, you should find the one you mention and its web address.

www.zermatt.ch/index.e.html

Dec 14th, 2002, 06:34 AM
John

Hi Rob:

I was the one who has been posting about the Orion. I stayed there 3 years ago. But...I can not find any reference to this hotel on the Zermatt Website!! I actually paid my bill at the Julen, which had the computer reservation system. I will go back to my ski notes to see if I can get a phone number and address for this property! Unless maybe the Julen has sold off this property and it is now under new management/ name. Better yet, I will email the Julen to see what they have to say about this property..I need to know so I can either stop my recommendations!!
JOHN

Dec 14th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Ingo

The only link I found is

http://www.en.hotels-and-more.ch/valais/zermatt/hotel_orion.php

I am afraid that Hotel Orion doesn't exist anymore. I searched in the Swiss Telephone directory, but it did not come up with any result!

Ingo

Dec 15th, 2002, 07:25 AM
John

Hi Rob and Ingo:

Well I contacted the Julen Hotel and asked about their sister property "The Orion". They said it 'No Longer Exists"!! I think that they meant it was no longer called the "Orion". The 5-Star Julen said that they now have a Garni Hotel(breakfast only!) called the Hotel Daniela. It is also just 50 meters from the Julen. They did say that the guests of the Daniela can use the "Spa Facilities" of the Julen! A wonderful experience!!. If a "breakfast only" hotel fits your ideal, then this sounds like a winner! The "Julen Family" are a class outfit in Zermatt!
JOHN

Dec 15th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Babara

Hi Everyone,

My family and I stayed at the Hotel Orion in 1998. We returned this past summer, but were told it had been sold about a year ago. We stayed in the Hotel Daniela and had a wonderful balcony room with a view of the Matterhorn. We used the pool/spa at the Hotel Julen only a short walk away. Dinner at the Hotel Julen was fabulous, a great value for the money. The Hotel Daniela is nicer than the Hotel Orion and is not the great deal that the Orion was. This past summer, we walked past the Orion and it was not open...do not know if it is going to be a hotel or not.

Hope this information helps.

Dec 17th, 2002, 04:07 AM
topper

ttt