Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

florence ?: where to get a massage, pedicure?

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 01:24 AM
Ap

wondering where to recover from jetlag and relax a bit with a pedicure and massage (swedish, shiatsu, reflexology, whatever anyone would recommend) in florence. any ideas? recommendations for salons, spas are good since i don't really want to have someone come up to our hotel room. grazie!

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 03:54 AM
xxx

Sounds wonderful if you want to pamper yourself, but don't count on that helping you recover from jetlag.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 04:05 AM
xxx

Ap, <BR><BR>Go for a long walk to get some fresh air and hopefully some sunshine too. <BR>The best to recover from jetlag. <BR>At the same time, you might discover a beauty salon that appeals to you.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Robert

How about Montecatini Therme.We went there on our honeymoon as a day trip the day after doing the Venice Marathon.As I remember It was a 45 minute train ride outside of Florence.There are underground grotos like saunas,next hydromassage where they shoot you with warm water out of a hose, then massage it was great!RR

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 03:18 AM
Ap

robert, thanks for the recommendation on Montecatini Therme...we may check it out after florence. for the moment, i'm stuck here (as lovely as florence is) with a conference, so i would love some in-city recommendations. anyone?

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 03:54 AM
jen

Portofino's Benessere, Via Scopino 40<BR>055-4207396<BR><BR>Istituto di Esthetica Cambi, Viale Europa 111, 055-689488<BR><BR>Both have different types of massage as well as manicures &amp; pedicures.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 03:56 AM
Ben Haines

<BR>I used Google for Florence pedicure and drew two hotels:<BR>florence.italy.allwebhotels.com/ hotel.phtml/5001/intl/en and florence.italy.allwebhotels.com/ hotel.phtml/4973/intl/en. These gave me no link, but there are links on <BR>www.holidaycityeurope.com/porta-florence/map.html<BR>and www.discountromehotels.com/florence/ grand-hotel-mediterraneo.htm<BR><BR>Hotels tend to cost more, but in Google under Firenze pedicure you will find sites in Italian for salons outside hotels.<BR><BR>Welcome to Europe<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London<BR>

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 05:15 AM
wondering

Stuck in Florence? Isn't that an oxymoron?