Hotel near CG Airport Paris -early AM flight

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a day in Paris then a next day early AM flight out of Paris. Looking for a hotel that is close to hotel which we can get in and out of to explore Paris then back easy to am flight next am. I'm thinking something either in airport or max 20 min shuttle. Would like east access to train to/from Paris. Is the Sheraton the only on actually in the hotel? Worth the $$$? Suggestions?
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 02:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
The Sheraton is the only one in terminal 2. An Ibis and a Novotel are at Roissypôle which is connected to the CDGVal automatic shuttle that serves all terminals, with the Hilton just a short walk away through the bus station there.

The other 50 airport hotels have shuttles which take about 15 minutes.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Original Poster

thanks. is the sheraton convenience worth the high price ?what about t
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Original Poster

btw Ibis and a Novotel and the hilton, for ease of quick access to flight & to the train to paris, which do you suggest?
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 03:41 AM

Hello Sweetness

Without knowing your preferences for accommodations, it's totally a personal judgment here. If all things were equal, yes, I'd stay at the Sheraton. But alas, price almost always is the deal clincher for me, esp. when you're only looking at one night, and the Sheraton is usually higher than my budget allows.

Yes, the Sheraton is very convenient, rooms are lovely, fluffy pillows, bubble bath, the breakfast is outstanding, and it's only about 30 seconds into the terminal.

The CDG Novotel is always comfortable, and their beds in this hotel are some of the largest I've seen in France.

The CDG Ibis is a budget hotel, small rooms but clean and tidy. Staying here can usually save 50-100 euros. As kerouac has said, the shuttle serves all terminals. Very convenient. For me, I'd use the savings from the hotel to get into town and have a nice dinner my last night in Paris.

Happy travels!
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 05:35 AM

There is more than one Ibis hotel near CDG. The specific name of the one that is located next to Terminal 3 and a stop on the CDGVAL shuttle train that connects all the terminals is Ibis Paris CDG Airport Hotel. See here: http://tinyurl.com/9qngggv.

If you want to pay even less, try the Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2 Hotel (formerly the ETAP Hotel). Like the Ibis Hotel, it is part of the Accor chain. Accor provides free shuttle bus service to the airport beginning at 05:15. See here: http://tinyurl.com/9jecbeq.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 05:42 AM

Use Priceline NYOP and bid for a 4 star at CDG. Sheraton, Novotel and Hilton are all frequent winners at around $100 USD.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 07:51 AM

www.accorhotels.com for all Ibis, Novotel info and booking. Free shuttles to airports but leave more time than think - my friend nearly missed her flight when the shuttle took much longer than she thought it would.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 10:12 AM

If your flight from CDG leaves in the very early morning, some hotels' shuttles will not be operating early enough to have you there sufficiently in advance of your flight. Usually a hotel will indicate its shuttle schedule on its website. As mentioned above, one of the Ibis hotels starts its service at 05:15.

I'd go for the Sheraton or the Ibis Paris CDG Airport which are connected to the CDGVAL transportation system that runs every 4 minutes 24/7.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=125

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...ort/room.shtml
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:05 PM

We stayed at the Ibis Paris CDG Airport in order to catch an early flight a few years ago. It's very basic but was clean and convenient. Would stay there again if we needed an early flight out of CDG. We were directed to a a terminal down the steps from the lobby to print out our boarding passes.
Old Aug 11th, 2012, 08:09 PM

We walked from the hotel lobby directly into the airport. C'est du gateau.
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 05:33 PM

I stayed at the Suitehotel, but I think it has been renamed. This might be it. It's an Accor hotel.

http://www.eurobookings.com/roissy-e...FeVnQgod9hEAUQ

I remember it was next to IBIS and I took a shuttle bus, to the airport, and then took another bus to where it lets out on rue Scribe, right across from the old opera house (Garnier). I then took the bus back to the airport from that point as it was really easy.

I usually stay in Paris Central, but on that trip I flew down to Paris, from northern Europe, and for only 2 or 3 days. So, I just stayed in the airport area and commuted into Paris Central.

Happy Travels!
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 05:35 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Always have stayed at Hilton CDG.
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 06:27 PM

We stay at the Marriott CDG/Roissy...shuttle bus to/from airport.
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 05:18 AM

Many thanks to ParisAmsterdam for Priceline bidding advice. I just got the 4-star CDG Airport Marriott for $100.