Hotel near airport-Nice

Sep 4th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Jon

Hotel near airport-Nice

I have a 6am flight out of Nice.
Can anyone recommend a decent hotel (3 stars) near the airport?
How far is the city center from the airport?
Thank you,
j.

Sep 4th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Christina

If you don't want to stay there and are in Nice already, I wouldn't bother moving to a hotel near the airport. The Nice airport is right in the SW corner of the city, bordering the Promenade des Anglais. I'm not sure of distance, but I'd guess only a few km from city center. At that time of day, there won't be any traffic, so you will get there quickly by cab. I know I went by cab in early morning (not that early) from much farther away (SE of the train station), and it only took about 15 minutes.

If you aren't staying there otherwise, though, I know there is a 3-star Novotel right there, which is the usual (modern, bland) and has aeroport in the name, I think. I didn't stay there, though.

Sep 4th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Chet

Hi Jon:

I recommend the Hotel Campanile, 459-461 Promenade des Anglais, L'Arenas, 06200 Nice, France. Tel: 011-33-04-9321-2020, Fax 011-39-41-52-6615. website www.campanile.fr. Right across the street from the airport terminal, with complimentary shuttle service at any time. Fairly new, high quality 2*, clean with a decent restaurant. We stayed there last October because of an early flight out on Delta. Room rate for a double, with breakfast & tax was 500 FF (about $70). Made our reservation through the website with no problems. We drove into Nice from Italy, had no trouble finding the hotel. The website gives you a good map. There is no convenient free parking near the hotel, but I do recall an underground garage nearby. However, after checking in I returned my rental car to the airport return, took the airport shuttle back to the terminal and a five minute walk got me to the hotel. Looked at the Novotel nearby; similar quality but around $100 per night.
Happy travelling, Chet

Sep 5th, 2002, 08:32 AM
jjj

Had a 6am flight last year out of Nice, our hotel was near the old city and the cab ride only took 15 min to the airport.

If you are spending any time in Nice itself I would recommend staying closer to the old city so you can walk everywhere you want to go. If you stay near the airport you will have a LONG walk just to get to the Chateau/Old City area or an $$ cab ride everyday.

Nice has a website that you can get hotel info from, you can also request that they send you a map of the town. It is a really great map, and there are other things they will send you too--restraunt guide, things to see etc.

Sep 5th, 2002, 01:30 PM
mpprh

Hi

There are several hotels nearby with a hotel bus shuttle service to the airport. I've used the Novotel a couple of times.

Peter
http://tlp.netfirms.com