Hotel Napoleon, Paris,

Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:38 PM
OT
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Napoleon, Paris,

Found a great deal at Hotel Napoleon in Paris.

Anyone stayed there?

Looks good on the website.

Comments please!
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 04:23 PM

Hello OT:

I stayed there twice, about 18-24 months ago. It’s a grand hotel and the web-site photos are accurate. I stayed in both the standard double and the largest junior suite. The standard double was fine (not a bad size room for Paris) and nicely decorated, looked onto the internal space (not courtyard) so it was a bit dark, but very quiet. The junior suite was divine (very large, with king bed, couches and desk). It had a view of the Arc, but was noisy at night. Both had lovely bathrooms. Service was excellent and the concierge helpful in booking restaurants. Don’t have a drink in the bar – outrageously expensive (not uncommon in that class of hotel) and probably the worst glass of wine I have ever had in France! You probably would not like the prices for breakfast either (we found a little bar down the road where we could get a coffee and croissant).

I have absolutely no complaints about hotel, recommend it based on my experiences, but I just don’t like the area (the Champs) at all, never have. However, that’s a personal choice. If you got a good deal (as I did) then I would recommend you take it. For some strange reason, I got the junior suite for the same price as a standard double, and that was a real treat.

For the price of a standard double, there are better deals in other areas. For example, one hotel in the 7th/14th, the Victoria, has gorgeous junior suites on a par with the Napoleon, but the hotel itself is not so grand, but I love staying in the 14th, despite the fact it is a long walk from the major tourist attractions.

Good look with your search.

Regards Ger
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 06:27 PM

The bonjourparis.com web site newsletter just had a full-length review of the Napoléon. Sounded very nice.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 10:57 PM
OT
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the information.

We are only staying one night, but I wanted something more than "just a bed for the night", and a hotel with some history and character. I got a deal directly with the hotel for 330 Euro for a double standard for 2 nights. I was a bit worried about the noise at night, but now I am reassured, since the rooms are facing inwards.

I did not take the breakfast option, figured could get it cheaper at a cafe.

Thanks again!
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 01:54 AM

Check out the reviews at www.tripadvisor.com
There is a new one and it doesn't sound rave at all. I check the Hotel by myself and trust me, it's not a 4star hotel, maybe it was 10years ago. It's a shame that is a member of the Summit Hotels
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 04:42 AM

Maybe you can try Le Tremoille, Vernet, or San Regis for example. The Vernet and San Regis are part of the Small Luxury Hotels chain (www.slh.com). The Vernet, for example, has a good package offer for 240 euro including the fitness club. http://www.slh.com/france/paris/offers_parver.html