Hotel Muguet in Paris

Jul 27th, 2001, 05:51 AM
Bill

Hotel Muguet in Paris

Anyone have any experience with the Hotel Muguet in Paris?

Jul 27th, 2001, 05:55 AM
s.fowler

Hotel Muguet is a forum "fave" - try a search for previous threads by typng Muguet in the text search box at the top of your screen. You'll get tons of responses

Jul 27th, 2001, 05:28 PM
Patti Suttle

Bill-I did a trip report recently and we stayed at Hotel Muguet-look for it under "Trip Report-10 of us London and Paris" and one with trip pictures including pictures of the outside and our roon at the Muguet.
We loved it!
Quiet
Clean-very clean
efficient staff!
Nice as well!
Hugh towels, washcloths!
Close to Rue Cler, Eiffel Tower
Air Conditioning
Elevator
Around 80 dollars (American)
We would stay there again!
Have fun!

Jul 28th, 2001, 07:04 AM
Fred

People who have stayed there had this to say about it:
Hotel Muguet (2 star left bank)-
reasonable price
a charm about it that is truely Parisian.
love it
low key and laid back, on a quiet street
bathrooms are updated, perfectly clean.
pretty landscaped sunny patio
The hotel is spotless
rooms very small
nicely decorated,
owners are extremely accomodating
quaint, yet modern
staff very friendly, and helpful
we loved the place
highly recommend it to anyone.
staff often made me feel like an intruder.
a true gem
immaculately maintained with large rooms available.
Staff was generally unhospitable
staff very nice
sparse room - no dresser, small closet
very satisfied - happy we chose it
front desk personnel less than helpful,surly never friendly
room so tiny we could barely move
very uncomfortable room
Ran out of breakfast food
would never recommend it to anyone.
The walls were like paper - hard to get any sleep.
For more Paris information e-mail me - [email protected]

Jul 29th, 2001, 07:00 AM
Kelly

Hotel Muguet was a very pleasant, clean and affordable place to stay in Paris. I think the staff may not have been as fluent in English as some people seem to expect when traveling to Europe - and perhaps this comes off as them being indifferent or rude, but I didn't feel this way at all. The only down side I could say is that I really wanted to spend a lot of my time in St. Germaine Des Pres because of my interest in modern art and the Hotel Muguet wasn't that close to this area - although the metro of course got me there quickly. We loved the area for it's quiet, non-touristy feel for the most part and ate at restaurants where it seemed only locals were eating - very enjoyable. We would stay there again.

Jul 29th, 2001, 08:03 PM
Maggie

Fred: Please stop collecting comments from the generous reports of others on travel forums and using them without the permission of the authors to promote your silly webside and "guide".

Jul 30th, 2001, 06:06 AM
Actually

....Fred summarizing the comments for everyone as he has. It shows us all just how subjective the evaluation of a room is. I've learned that I have to really consider what is important to me in a hotel room - usually, price wins out over considerations such as tight quarters, etc.... but I know everyone differs, and a broad spectrum of experiences to draw upon is invaluable.

Jul 30th, 2001, 06:21 AM
Annie

The problem with Fred's "others have said" is that he has collected them over many years. Lots of hotels in Paris underwent total renovation for world cup, for example, and the "shabby decor" is no longer. Many added air conditioning as well. In the smaller hotels, nearly every room has a different configuration. To declare that "the rooms are tiny" when you've seen only one is silly. If you review Fred's "other have said" the comments are so wildly diverse you really learn nothing at all from them. Often that broad spectrum of experience is from those who want an awful lot for very little money.

Jul 30th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Beth

We stayed at the Muguet in June. The room was small, but spotless. The bed was very comfortable -- we found the room quiet, too. The hotel has a lovely courtyard, where we enjoyed a bottle of wine and cheese in the afternoons. The neighborhood is great -- it seemed like we were part of a Parisian neighborhood. I would recommend it and stay there again.

Jul 30th, 2001, 09:13 AM
Sema

Fred- Please DON'T stop. I use Zagat's for picking restaurants here in San Francisco, AAA when picking motels when we travel in the U.S., and your web site for picking hotels, restaurants, and lots of other things in Paris. Your posts are helpful and logical and your Paris guide is the best. We're always happy with your information.

Jul 30th, 2001, 10:44 AM
Christina

Sema234 is fictional and/or a liar. I suspect she is Fred or is getting paid by him in some way, as she miraculously appears when and only when his name is mentioned--like radar. She cannot even keep the lies straight as in her original post to advertise Fred's business on 6/11 (entitled "Help with Paris Guide"), she claimed she did not know what Fred's guide was, and asked where she could buy it (how ingenuous) as her French teacher in evening classes at a high school recommended it. However, in another recent thread about the Avignon SNCF gare, Sema claimed she first heard about Fred's site from a travel article in a newspaper which gave the exact URL, and given she knew nothing about Paris, she learned everything from it. It's hard to keep those lies straight, Sema, maybe you should keep a file on them. Anyone who knows nothing about Paris, has been there only once, and has no other guidebooks is clearly not qualified to say how wonderful his info is or how it is better than other guides.

Sep 5th, 2001, 08:22 AM
Topper

topping for Stuart.....