Search

Hotel Muguet?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2003, 03:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Muguet?

Anyone stay there? And what did you think? Would you stay there again?
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 03:51 AM

lucky03, if you do search under Muguet you will find hundreds posts. This hotel is highly recommended. It is located in a very quiet residential area with many great restaurants. However, because it is a very quiet place at night and for this reason may not appeal to some but it is a block away from the metro station. Stayed there several times but won't stay again.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 03:59 AM
AllyPally

Wildflower, why won't you stay again? Have you had enough and just want to try something different?

Lucky, I stayed there in July on the basis of the recommendations on this board. It lived up to its reputation. I speak ok French so I didn't find the owners rude, just brisk in that French way. I used to always stay in the 6th but now I prefer the sedate mentality of the 7th. I was pleasantly surprised at the chicness of the Muguet lobby. Our room was very quiet (didn't need the earplugs I always travel with) and the bathroom was so clean, you could eat off it. I think it is fantastic value for money and would definitely stay there again.

Old Oct 15th, 2003, 07:56 AM

We (my husband and I in our early 60s)stayed there for three nights last month and liked the hotel and the area. Would definitely stay there again. Even though it's rated a two-star, I didn't find anything lacking. Don't buy the breakfast, though--just go a block or two away to a cafe.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 09:34 AM

1)yes
2) it was good value for a 2* hotel, good location if you want to be in that area;
3) no, probably not -- I prefer a little nicer hotel, it was too basic for me. The room I got was extremely small with an unpleasant view and there was not a minibar, which I like. I might stay there if I only wanted something in that area for a night or so and definitely wanted AC, and couldn't get something in a nicer hotel.

I also speak French and that has nothing to do with my opinion, but I thought the male desk clerk was rather rude to me when I asked questions about how to get an outside line on the phone as their room instructions were not very complete or confusing. I liked the owners, however, just not him.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 09:38 AM

To happytourist,

When are you going to post a trip report?

JoeG
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 12:06 PM

I've been thinking about it--guess I should post one. Give me a few days.
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 04:47 AM

AllyPally, to answer your question regarding Muguet. Well, we like Muguet but sometimes we feel we are being ignored. Last time we were put in the worst possible room #15 during construction. We do not complaint about size of that room but a fact that a non-stop sound of a drill was driving us crazy. There was no way we can get any rest after a long flight. It was something wrong with A/C in this room so we open a window but there was a man working on the roof of new addition. He was smiling though when we open a window. We understand if there were no other rooms available but when we were turning our key in that afternoon there was another couple checking in and a receptionists (not Catherine) asked if they prefer #41 or #22. So there were rooms available. You would think that after 12 stays there we get better room than that. Besides, we really would like to have a little fridge in our room so in November we are staying in a different hotel in the same area. We'll see. Maybe we will be back to Muguet.
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 07:40 AM

Wildflower,
Where else would you consider staying?
JoeG
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 08:02 AM
AllyPally

Wildflower, if you have stayed there 12 times and they treat you like that, I would find somewhere else to stay too!

Old Oct 16th, 2003, 09:10 AM

We have stayed at the Muguet 3 or 4 times and each time sort of got a better room, although even the first one opening onto the courtyard was fine. Wildflower says she overheard the clerk giving someone a choice the next day. I don't understand why she didn't ask again to be moved.
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 10:56 AM

Traditionally a hotel gives you priority if you are a frequent guest! Why such shabby treatment at Muguet?
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 11:01 AM

Gretchen makes a good point, you can't make assumptions based on what you saw or overheard. I work in a service industry, and I can tell you that something not possible in the morning can suddenly become possible in the afternoon. Reservations get canceled, someone leaves earlier than expected,
a repair is just completed, etc.
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 11:26 AM

It is time to move on anyway.

Gretchen, it wasn't the next day it was that afternoon. We were on the way to meet our friends before, as always, an excellent dinner at Le Florimond. We asked a receptionist about changing a room and she had to ask Mme Pelletier. When we returned late in the evening there was no message.

To us it was not worthy to bother with changing a hotel room the next day. We had more important things to do in Paris. In Novemmber we are staying in 7th but are looking for a new hotel in a different area for our next trip in May. As I said we may return to Muguet one day.

JoeG, I will let you know in the begining of November.

Lucky03, good luck with finding the best hotel room in Paris
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 12:52 PM
AllyPally

Wildflower, La Tour Maubourg (outside the metro station) hotel caught my eye... I have corresponded with the owner and she seems very friendly. I have also read great reviews on this board and others.