Hotel Muget, Paris

Search

Hotel Muget, Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Muget, Paris

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to this hotel. We stayed there for 8 nights in May and were very satisfied. We had a top room which was a little small but well worth the 97 euros a night. The bathroom was modern with a good shower. Our room had a view of the Invaledes dome.

The staff was very friendly and helped get us restaurant reservations when asked. The location was close to two Metro stations, and close to the Rue Cler market. As expected, everywhere we looked we saw Rick Steves books in people's hands. However, we also saw and heard many local Parisians who live in the area.

A good choice for those who don't need luxury but want a nice clean room in a good location.
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 07:15 PM

Thanks for the recent review! It is one of the hotels that I am considering for or trip to Paris next spring. Can you tell me, how are the mattresses? I am American and I was wondering about the beds in Europe and specifically for the Muguet and hotels in that price range. Thanks!
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 07:16 PM

ttt
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 05:43 AM

Beds are beds...maybe sizes slighly differ. I stayed there 1 1/2 years ago and it was much better than I expected. I slept well the beds were not lumpy old ones and it was immaculately clean. My other half was so impressed that I got a good hotel and marched him out at 10pm for some food off rue cler in a cafe. He thought it was great. I would ove to sty in the summertime as it would be great to walk from there...a bit blustry in December but we still walked everywhere.
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Beds are beds, until you get a budget hotel that still has matresses from the 70's! Our bed at the Muget was a tad smaller than our Queen at home, but not by much. It was comfortable and in good condition.
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 09:24 AM

I have had only one bed in a French hotel that was old and thus too saggy. More common are uncomfortable or cheap beds, but not because they are saggy. Sometimes they don't have box springs, it seems to me.

I stayed at the Muguet last summer and found the bed in my room to be quite uncomfortable because it was too hard. It wasn't excruciating, but I never good a really comfortable sleep. It was a normal double bed size, it seemed to me, same as US (which does not mean queen, but it wasn't a queen room).
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 10:26 AM

Hi Christina,

I am very spoiled because my husband and I bought a Stearns and Foster bed last year. When we went to Mexico for our honeymoon, I thought that the bed felt pretty firm. I suppose I will have to shell out money for a more expensive hotel if I want a more comfortable bed. And I fully expect that I won't find a bed to compare to my own at home.