Search

Hotel Muget?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2003, 02:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Muget?

I did a search and the message strings which came up were Jan 2002 or earlier. Sounds good but I know hotel quality can change from year to year.

Anyone stay at the Muget in the last year? They have availability for my trip in October so will probably stay here.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 02:13 AM
AllyPally

Where is this hotel located?

Old Jul 29th, 2003, 02:19 AM

There are lots of favourable posts from this year about the Hotel Muguet in the 7th. If that's the one, you left out a "u."
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 02:24 AM
AllyPally

I stayed in the Muguet in Paris 2 weeks ago. It was fantastic - a real "find". If you type in 'Muguet', you will see my reply to a post yesterday. Otherwise, check the comments on tripadvisor.com.

Muguet means Lily of the Valley in French, btw.

Old Jul 29th, 2003, 04:07 AM

We have stayed there 3 times in the last 2 years. It has just completed a beautiful renovation. It is very close to a 3* rather than a 2*.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 06:10 AM

We stayed in the Muguet last month and it was very nice. Great location and the room was spotless--we had the top floor room with the Eiffel Tower view.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 08:11 AM

The hotel doesn't promise view rooms.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 08:23 AM

We asked for the Eiffel Tower room in advnce--February for a June reso--but they were already taken. However, when we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to be given "a room with a view".
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 08:56 AM

Robyn, my husband and I joke that *every* hotel in Paris has a view of the Eiffel Tower. So we had a great laugh when we opened the curtains in our room at Relais Bosquet, and there it was. We suspect that it was a hologram
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 09:28 AM

I was just there in June. I agree you probably aren't finding posts because of the misspelling.

It's fine for a 2*, and pretty nice for a 2* but I would not call it a 3* myself and wouldn't go out of my way to stay there again, but it's okay if you want to be in that area for a short stay . At least, that's my feeling. I prefer something a little more comfortable for a longer stay and to make my vacation nicer as that is important to me, and I think you can get it for only a little more than the Muguet's prices.

The room I had was quite small and that's one thing I didn't like -- I'd go nuts if I stayed there very long due to claustrophobia. There was no view as the window looked out on some interior courtyard and buildings which were not attractive, so I just had to keep the curtains closed. It has TVs mounted on metal frames in the ceiling corner like a hospital which I really hate -- that's really tacky to me and I avoid hotels that do that if I can, aside from looks it makes it difficult to view the TV. The bed was too hard and not very comfortable so I didn't sleep that well. The street it is located on is very unattractive and I prefer a hotel with a little nicer ambience around it. It did not have a minibar, which is something I really like (another reason I wouldn't call it a 3*). The bathroom was good.

I also didn't like that they gave me a room that I suspect was called a "single" because I was a single, even though I had correspondence (in French) making it clear I did not care about price and did not want a very small and cheaper room--I asked for a regular sized double. I think they give you what they want, and I prefer hotels that cater more to what you request.

So, it is a nice quality for a 2* and I did like the personnel and think they were nice enough. My opinion is just that is was fine for a short stay, but I wouldn't want to be there longer because it wasn't that comfortable for a long stay, especially in comparison to nicer hotels that only cost a little more. If you usually stay in 2* hotels and like that neighborhood, it should be fine.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Yes, you're all correct. When I typed "Muguet" instead of "Muget", I found lots in the search. I thought I'd seen it mentioned recently but then my search didn't find anything recent........
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 12:56 PM

We were at the Muguet in late June as well. I thought it was very clean, quiet, and convenient. We had the room for 103 euros, and it was a decent size. I would go back for sure...but probably won't just because I like to experience different places. But I can recommend the hotel without any hesitation.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Okay. I've reserved it. (Just waiting for confirmation.) Thanks for all the replies.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 05:07 PM

I am sure Hotel Muguet lives up to all of the great reviews. But there is one thing I don't quite understand in regards to those Eiffel Tower view rooms. Because a few months ago while I was deciding where to stay, I inquired to the owner, Mme. Catherine, about whether or not we could reserve a triple room with view and she said that these rooms are never reserved because there are so many people who want them. So how did other guests manage to do that? Are only certain view rooms reserved?

Old Jul 29th, 2003, 06:01 PM

who knows francophile? we wanted a particular room and requested it and a few others back in Feb. and they were all taken...I was a little skeptical. We told her we were celebrating our 25th anniversary, so we hoped she would go the extra mile or km. for us!!
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 07:43 PM

Favoritism perhaps? If there are regular yearly guests who knows? It seems to happen at other hotels. I may be wrong but I don't understand how all the favorable rooms can be taken if you're asking way in advance. Or maybe there is a waiting list...

Old Jul 30th, 2003, 02:34 AM

We stayed there 3 weeks ago with our children and really loved the hotel. It was our daugther's birthday and her requested was granted for a view room. It was the best birthday present for her because she would open the drapes, lay in bed and just gaze out at the effiel tower twinkling. We loved the Rue de Cler area with our children and appreciated that the hotel was on a quiet street with a laudromat down the block. Plus as an added bonus, one night we were eating in the breakfast room a quickie picnic dinner so that we could make a concert and I literally ran into Jamie Leigh Curtis (an american actress) in the lobby. Apparently some of her family was staying at the hotel and she was picking them up for dinner. Plus there are 3 metro stops near this hotel so it was very convenient for us.
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 03:07 AM

We were not surprised we didn't get such a room as we determined that there are not, in fact, that many rooms with a view of the Eiffel. Those that are lucky enough to land one will of course be quicker to post their experiences than those that do not. They might consider such things as length of stay, repeat business, etc when handing out such rooms.

I liked the hotel well enough but Christina is right, while a good 2 star it is definitely a 2 star not a 3. There are also other 2 star hotels in the same area (e.g. Hotel Levesque) that are cheaper, if that is a consideration.
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 12:01 PM

We know the Muguet very well, and feel that it is the best value in Paris. It has been in Catherine Pelletier's family for several decades, and she takes great pride in keeping it constantly upgraded and immaculately clean. The rooms vary from tiny singles to large triples(all the rooms ending in "1&quot. You can visit the new web-site: WWW.paris-hotel-muguet.com and see the renovations which were just completed this year.
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 02:26 PM
Original Poster

Laidback - thank you for posting that link. It was a different one than the one I had and is much better with the photos, etc. I'm really glad I'm going to stay there.

Does anyone know if any of the single rooms look toward the Eiffel Tower? I'm going for my 50th birthday so that would make it even better. (Although just being is Paris is all I'm asking for.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -