Hotel Metropole Suisse in Como

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2003, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at this hotel and care to share their thoughts? Thank you in advance for your help.
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 03:04 PM
GAC

I have not stayed there, but I know exactly where it is and can confirm that it's one of the best in town. It's very elegant and "traditional"
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 03:38 PM

We stayed there in early July. As the previous poster said, it is elegant and traditional. It has a good location right in the center of the lake. Our room was nicely furnished and adequately sized, and the bathroom had a shower that was large by Italian standards. Breakfast (which is included) is served in an outdoor cafe area. I don't know if you are driving, but the hotel has a few parking spots adjacent to it, and there is a public garage nearby for parking. Overall, we liked it and would stay there again. Let me know if you have a more specific question.
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Original Poster

Thank you GAC & Maria. We are spending 2 nights there on our honeymoon in November, and I just want to make sure it is a nice place. Maria-do you recall if they had balcony's? Thank you for your help.
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 05:32 PM

Rachelanne: Our room did not have a balcony, but a partial lake view. My husband recalls that some rooms might have had them, but I can't remember. The hotel is a nice place to stay. Have a wonderful honeymoon!
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 07:07 AM

hi, I responded on another thread and in case you weren't checking...we stayed there on our honeymoon as well. We had a large room with a balcony overlooking the lake. As mentioned before, it is in a great location, and I found Como to be very nice for wandering around. The rooms was very pretty, with hardwood floors and a big bathroom. It wasn't a "special" room or anything, we just asked for one overlooking the lake. Have fun!
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much everyone. I feel much better now.