Hotel Mala Strana

Feb 25th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Mala Strana

I just asked this question on another thread, but thought I'd start a new one... We are booked into the hotel Mala Strana the week after Easter. We're arriving by train from Berlin.....what's the best way to get from the train station to the hotel? Should we ask them to meet us at the station? .. take a cab?? This hotel looks great with its apt. suites, and full breakfasts.......good rate too..... Feed back from anyone who has stayed there and can recommend restaurants in the area would be welcome.
Feb 26th, 2007, 07:48 AM

Hi kleroux, it totally depends on how much luggage you have and the level of convenience you want. I assume you're arriving into the main train station (Hlavni Nadrazi)? If so, you can easily take public transportation if you want to. I'm quite sure the #9 tram runs from the station to Ujezd, which is right where your hotel is. Plus the tram is a nice way to see the city. You'd need to buy tickets in the station, which you can do easily at any of the many "Tabak" (kiosk) booths you'll see there.
Feb 26th, 2007, 08:09 AM

Yes, as mp413 said No9 goes direct to Újezd. That's much better than one one I suggested below (that I posted on the other thread as a reply to your question), metro/tram combo. I only hope Tram No.9 stops close enough to Hlavni Nadrazi railway station.

Author: kappa
Date: 02/26/2007, 09:05 am
Taxi should be the easiest but people seem afraid of being ripped of buy Prague taxis although I hear considerable improvement has been in made last years. But I'm used to take public transportation with my usually small and manageable suitecase.
Supposing you arrive at Hlavni Nadrazi station, according to the following prague public transportation map, you can take the metro of the same name on the red line for 2 stops to I.P.Pavlova. At I.P.Pavlova, go out of metro and take the tram No.6, 22 or 23. It's about 10 stops or less (better check on the spot), anyway the stop you have to get off at is Újezd. That's the 1st one after the tram cross the Vltava river so it's easy to recognize. The stop will be on the Vítëzná street before the tram turns to Újezd street (6 to left and 22 and 23 to right). Off the tram, cross Vítëzná street to the other side and walk on Újezd street. Mëlnická street (Residence M.S.)is the second one to the left.

http://www.dp-praha.cz/download/sche...o-tramvaje.pdf

http://www.hot-maps.de/europe/czech_...ue/homeen.html
Feb 27th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the information. I think we'll each have one rather large suitcase, and we're in our late 60's..so we will want the easiest.. I like the idea of the #9 Tram, as long as I don't go past my stop.
Now for any good/interesting restaurants in the area....
Feb 28th, 2007, 12:35 AM

Café Savoy, Restaurant Olympia, Bohemian Bagel Cafe, Bastille to name a few, all within 1 - 3 minute walk from the hotel. I had nice Thai dinner twice at Restaurant Lemon Leaf that is acorss the Legii Bridge then 5 minutes walk. Hotel reception can tell you where to find them. Or I might have mentioned them here before. I think you can try text search. Or try tripadvisor.com that's where I learned origially about these places.

I hope your suitecases are not too big. Steps can be hard to get on the trams and I saw few people with suitcases on them in my last two visits. Mine is always small (enough to be hand luggage on the plane) since I travel within Europe just for a few day stay.
Feb 28th, 2007, 02:18 AM

Got a taxi lst week from the Airport to Hotel Roma. Cost 600cK.

I pre arranged the pick up and the driver was waiting when I got there with my name on a card. Good service.

If you are uncomfortable with flagging a taxi down or public transport, I suggest you ask the hotel to arrange pick up.

Muck
Mar 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM
Lev

We rented apartment in Mala Strana near American embassy and there was a hotel Sax just across the street. Hard to imagine better location.
http://www.pragueholiday.cz/sax.php