Hotel Majestic or Hotel Jazz for Post-Cruise Hotel in Barcelona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. I am sure everyone has an opinion and/or favorite location and I am hoping you can help me make a decision. We will be in Barcelona for two nights post-cruise at the beginning of September. I love the idea of staying near Las Ramblas as that seems to be pretty touristy with a lot of shopping and restaurants. However, I found a great deal on the Hotel Majestic which is a 5-star hotel. However, I am not sure this would be an ideal location. Would love to hear your opinions about each and/or your experiences with these two hotels.

Muy husband and I are in our 50's and just looking to "hang out" at the end of this trip. Also, we have scoured the internet and pretty much have it narrowed down to these two hotels so I am not looking for other suggestions. Thanks so much!
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:48 PM

If you have a good deal at the Majestic, take it. It's only a short walk north of Ramblas and is one of the premier addresses in Barcelona.

The Jazz if fine, but not quite the same as staying at the Majestic, which is a 5-star Gran Lux property, not just a 5-star.
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Robert. The difference between the two is about $130 for the two nights. Still trying to decide if it's worth since it is the end of the trip.
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 04:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Personally I would not want to stay on Las Ramblas. I don't think it is that interesting or close to the nice restaurants. I don't know the location of the two hotels you are considering, but I would not consider it a negative point that they were not close to Las Ramblas.
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Nikki. We have decided on the Majestic.
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 09:22 AM

You've made a fine choice. The Majestic is far more elegant than the Jazz, and the location couldn't be more posh-a premier address, as robert says.