Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Luna in Capri and Best Western in Nice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 02:33 AM
Julie

My husband and I are visiting French Riviera and Capri, Italy in mid July. Can anyone please let me know if you have stayed at either of these two places. both are charging around 200 euros. Is it worth it, are they clean? Any other recommendations would be welcome. We hope to rent a car in Nice. Will be in both places for approximatley 3 days.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 05:00 AM
Mary Anne Cook

Just returned from staying at the Hotel West-End on the Promenade des Anglais. A very nice hotel. Our room on the side facing the Negresco and overlooking a garden was 238 euros a night. It was worth it to us. Very helpful staff. There is more than 1 Best Western in Nice-another the Nautica which is not on the water. but much cheaper than the West-End.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Sherri Kardell

I have stayed at the Hotel Luna and it was fab! I tried to get a reservation in early Oct. but they wanted almost 300 euros you got a good price go for it !<BR>La Dolce Italy Sherri Kardell

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 06:18 PM
mark

I stayed at Luna on my honeymoon in '97. On the good side the grounds are wonderful - baeutiful gardens and views. On the bad side - The room was small with a poor view (probably because we were on a budget) and the staff was not friendly. Hopefully they've had some turnover in the last 5 years.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 06:19 PM

regarding cleanliness - luna was plenty clean

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 07:04 PM
John G

I have been to Luna for lunch (I always stay at Quisisana when in Capri). It is a very pretty hotel with a beautiful pool, gardens, and view of the sea. I have not seen the rooms, however. I have walked through the lobby and can testify that it is immaculate.<BR><BR>However, I think the staff at Luna are some of the rudest people I have ever encountered at such a "4-star" hotel.<BR>I will not go into details, but because of the experience I had with a pool attendant and a waiter, I would never step foot on the grounds of Luna again.<BR><BR>Maybe you will have better luck.<BR><BR>Ciao, <BR>John G.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:56 PM
kiki

Hi Julie,<BR><BR>The Hotel Luna is quite beautiful and the gardens and pool are really nice. I thought that the staff was exceptionally cordial, and they showed me some of their rooms that looked very nice. <BR><BR>I would stay at the Hotel Luna the next time I visit Capri.<BR><BR>