Hotel Le Regent :Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any reports on this hotel located on Rue Dauphine?
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 06:55 AM

Lots of people have their &quot;favorite&quot; hotels for one reason or another in Paris.....but this happens to be mine.<BR><BR>I've been staying here for over 20 years, since it was nothing more than a &quot;flea-bag&quot;, since I couldn't afford more than that!! In the last 5-10 years its been renovated and is now:<BR>Clean, comfortable, reasonably priced, superbly located, staffed by friendly staff....<BR>And just generally a pleasure to visit.<BR><BR>If you require &quot;space&quot; you should consider paying up for the &quot;deluxe&quot; room as the standards vary thruout the hotel and can be a bit &quot;small&quot; even by Parisian standards. Last time I was there I had a room with a tiny balcony overlooking Rue Dauphine on the third floor, so most of the noise was dampened and the ability to open the French doors was very nice.<BR><BR>Whatever hotel you choose, I'm sure that it will have pros and cons from many knowledgable people....but have fun on your trip and good luck choosing a hotel!! Best wishes.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 07:06 AM

If you do a search for &quot;le Regent&quot; you will find a ton of posts. Many will be sprinkled with my favorable raves -- so many in fact that I was accused here of having some connection with the hotel.<BR>I agreee with Dave about going for the Deluxe if you are at all concerned about space. Most of the negative posts have been that the rooms are very small, but as far as I can tell all those people did a standard and not a deluxe room, still not huge by any stretch of the imagination -- but quite comfortable, bright and light, and nicely furnished.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 07:14 AM

I stayed at Le Regent in November (thanks to Patrick's advice) and was very happy with it. We took a &quot;deluxe&quot; room (#51) for 183 Euros plus breakfast (around 11 Euros each, I think). The room was compact but well laid out with a small sitting area and quite large bathroom. 3 french doors opened onto Rue Dauphine - noise was a problem one night but that was due to a very large stag party serenading us from the square below!<BR><BR>The staff was excellent - I was traveling with a senior citizen and relied heavily on them for cabs, reservations, tickets, etc - they were wonderful.<BR><BR>I have some pictures of the room I'd be happy to send you - email me at [email protected]
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 08:24 AM

We've stayed at the Hotel le Regent three times, and will return. It's nice, clean, GREAT location, staff is helpful. The elevator does start from one flight up, if that's an issue.<BR><BR>We always end up choosing the standard room. Yes, it's small, but I'd rather spend my $$ on wine at a streetside cafe than on a room that I'm not spending much time in.<BR><BR>The bathrooms are generally luxurious, though some are quite small too.<BR><BR>Our last visit, we had a view of Notre Dame out of our window - that was a bonus!
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 08:32 AM

I've been racking my brain trying to remember that elevator thing that people say is one flight up. Am I wrong? I'm picturing a small elevator landing in the lobby about four steps up. My memory has been known to fail, but that's kind of what I remember, or was it actually a full flight of stairs up?
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 09:13 AM

The staircase contains a full flight of stairs that kind of curve from the lobby. The elevator is on what we would call the second floor, as I remember.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 09:37 AM

OK, I believe you, guess I'd always had a little too much wine when returning to the hotel.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 09:46 AM

Don't want to be accused of &quot;hijacking&quot; this thread, but I was wondering how many of the folks here actually remember staying at Le Regent PRIOR to the renovation?<BR>I'm actually curious whether the rates I &quot;remember&quot; were in fact approximately 150ff, when the franc was 8/$.<BR><BR>Am I in the right ballpark or am I merely a victim of &quot;rosy lenses&quot;? Thanks for your help and Best wishes.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 11:12 AM

We were there when the FF was 7/$or there abouts. I want to say it was in January of 2000. The room we had was &quot;standard&quot; and was approximately $110.<BR>I don't know when the renovation took place.<BR>Our room was small, but very well appointed. I remember how impressed I was that they had American style wash cloths. The bathroom was very nice but tiny, something my husband still complains about until this day!<BR>We loved the location. The house staff could not do enough for us. I would stay there again in a minute.