HOTEL INFO FOR LONDON

Sep 11th, 2005, 07:15 PM
mariadelagracia

HOTEL INFO FOR LONDON

we are in the very beginning phase of planning a trip to europe. we are thinking of traveling to london, ireland and scotland. we have tons of hilton points, and there are dozens of hiltons in london, but we have no idea which one to pick. can anyone recommend a few nice hiltons in the middle of some "sights"? since it's our first trip, we are pretty open to see whatever in london, just to get a taste. we plan to be in london at least 4-5 days.
thanks

Sep 12th, 2005, 03:05 PM

There is a Hilton... Green Park.... on Half Moon Street which is convenient to Mayfair, Green Park, etc. We stayed there yearrrrrs ago.... before it was a Hilton and it was a real dump - But gave us stories to tell for years! As a Hilton I hear it is OK.. nothing special. Check out tripadvisor.com
However, the location is wonderful.
(How bad can a Hilton be!?)
Sep 12th, 2005, 03:09 PM

Well the best one is the Hilton Park Lane. If you were paying for it I'd say forget Hiltons as they're not the best in their category, but if it's free you won't be too disappointed with this one.
Sep 12th, 2005, 04:07 PM

I stayed in July at the Hilton Euston. Probably is not the best of the chain, but I liked it a lot. Good sized rooms, not at all noisy, very good breakfast and every member of the staff was very kind and helpful. While the name says Euston, in fact is in Bloomsbury, next Tavistock Square with a bus stop just in front of the door and the tube at 200 m.
Sep 12th, 2005, 04:26 PM

If you go to Edinburgh you can stay at the Caledonian which is a luxury hotel now under the Hilton flag. also in Scotland is the Dunkeld House in Perthshire. We have stayed in both of these and they are lovely.
Sep 12th, 2005, 04:33 PM

In April we stayed at the Waldorf Hilton on Auldwich. Great Hotel and an even better location virtually around the corner from Covent Garden and the theater district. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel and a tube stop about three blocks away. You are in the center of the "tourist London" so most things will be handy or easy to reach by bus or tube.
Sep 12th, 2005, 04:37 PM

Another cheer for the Waldorf Hilton. My room was comfortable, had a microwave and fridge, great Moulton Brown amenities in the bath, excellent linens, and heated towel rack. I liked it, loved the location and it had a very nice bar. If you are interested in the theatre, shops, restaurants, historical sights, strolls on the river or through the parks, this is a good choice.
Sep 13th, 2005, 06:40 PM
mariadelagracia

thank you everyone for your input. i am making a running list of the possible hotels in london, and for now, the waldorf is in the running. now i have to post another one for ireland and scotland!