Hotel in Rudesheim

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 09:13 AM
tere

Hotel in Rudesheim

Howdy folks--anyone have experience with hotels in Rudesheim or Assmannhausen?? Thanks!

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Dick Yeager

Hi tere,

We just returned from a trip that included 2 nights at the Hotel-Cafe-Post in Assmannshausen. We really loved the hotel, and the Hoetgers' who own/manage it.

We much prefer Assmannshausen to Rudesheim for the comfort and "less touristy" feeling.

The website for the hotel is rheinhotel.com/hotel-cafe-post. Email is [email protected].

If you contact them, please say "Hi" for me. My wife and I almost felt we had been adopted!

Dick

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 12:27 PM
Liz

You really have to like quiet if you stay in Assmannhausen, though. There's not much there. We stayed there last year, and if I had a "do-over", I would stay in St. Goar.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Bob

We stayed at the KRONE HOTEL in Assmannhausen. They are located across the street from the Rhein River and the dock to board the boat for a day cruise. Great old hotel that once hosted Goethe. Has both large and small rooms. We enjoyed this and this made the easy drive to visit Rudesheim and the other small towns on the Rhein.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 05:32 AM
xxx

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Oldtimer

If you want to buy yourself some peace and quiet, away from busy and noisy Rudesheim, and save yourself about half the cost, take the ferryboat across the Rhine to Bingen. You'll be glad you did.