Search

hotel in rome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel in rome

Anyone know of a decent hotel, clean (not fancy)for a 2 night stay in Rome. Would like to be in the middle of everything since we only have 2 nights. Also will be coming in from the Amalfi area. Any suggestions as to where to get rid of the car. I really don't think I want to drive in Rome. Thank you. This site is great for planning these trips.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 05:25 AM

Here are some past recommendations...

Author: eedwards
Date: 10/01/2004, 11:51 am Message: In Rome my sister and I stayed at the <b>Hotel Gabriella</b>. While it was only a couple blocks from the train station we found it to be a great location and NEVER felt uncomfortable coming home late in the evening. Breakfast was great, room and bathroom were clean.

Author: hawaiiantraveler
Date: 09/10/2004, 12:59 am Message: My wife andI have stayed at the <b>Hotel Julia</b>. It is a nice 2 star hotel with a 3 star rating. The rooms are on the small side and the bathrooms are even smaller. They have those small cube showers that I have a hard time moving around in. Other than that the morning buffet breakfast was adequate and it is a couple of blocks from alot of shopping and pretty good restaurants. Also the metro is right around the corner (Piazza Barberini). Hope this helps!

Author: Travelnut
Date: 09/10/2004, 09:05 am Message: Willtravel, did you look into this hotel? I haven't been there but it is one I would try booking. <b>Hotel Italia Roma</b>
<u>http://www.hotelitaliaroma.com/en.htm</u>
http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/S...ome_Lazio.html
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 05:39 AM

Where to get rid of the car gets varying responses. We once turned one in at the Rome airport and it couldn't have been easier -- in fact far easier to follow the signs than in most US airport car return situations. From there you can take the train into Termini and then bus or taxi or metro.

Others suggest driving right into Rome, possibly paying a taxi driver to lead you to your hotel, then getting rid of the car. Others say to return near Termini or where ever in town, and then just take a taxi.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 06:13 AM

How about the Relais Banchi Vecchi? It's a very nice B&amp;B close to the Campo Fiore and the Piazza Navona. It's within walking distance of most of the sites.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 09:38 AM

I think Hotel Julia meets your criteria - http://www.hoteljulia.it . I stayed in a single, which was small, and the double rooms that I saw when I walked by also looked small. But if you don't mind that, the location is excellent, the breakfast is good, the staff is friendly, and the hotel is clean.