Reload this Page >

Hotel in muerren

Search

Hotel in muerren

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 11:48 AM
gullu

Hotel in muerren

hello Folks,<BR><BR>I plan to stay 2 nights in muerren. I have narrowed down the choice of hotel to Alpina or Alpenblick. Cannot decide between the 2. Which in your opinion is better : view, food, service, accessibility.<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 12:16 PM
Wayne

My choice would be Alpenblick. You will have a good view. If you eat dinner there, it's good but not high gourmet. Service is good in both places. Have fun.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:31 PM
ajs

I stayed at the Alpina, but I think if I had it to do over, I would stay at the Alpenblick. Just make sure to get a front room on as low a floor as you can.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:44 PM
gullu

THANKS!!! I have asked for a room facing the mountains : is it same as front room? Also why do you suggest as low a floor as I can.<BR><BR>

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 01:45 PM
lee

I know you are expecting a response to your two hotel picks but I could not resist muddying the water by throwing in a third possibility.<BR><BR>This summer we stayed at the Hotel Eiger (not to be confused with a youth hostel of the same name). It is across from the train station and has the BEST VIEWS in Murren. Suggest you consider it if it is in your price range. Also has one of the best retaurant's in town.<BR><BR>Hiking in Murren is one of my favorite travel experiences. Its's just breathtaking. Have a great time.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:02 PM
ajs

Yes, a front room is facing the mountains. The reason I suggest a lower floor, is that walking up and down the steps (with or without your bags), gets old quickly. You'll do plenty of hiking while not in the hotel!

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:10 PM
steve

AJ - what was wrong with the Alpina? What is better about the Alpenblick? Never stayed at either, but currently booked for Alpina soon ...<BR><BR>thanks

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 01:11 PM
ajs

Steve,<BR><BR>Not a thing, other than our room was one of the smallest I ever stayed in. Granted, the balcony was where we spent most of our time (when we were even in the room), but that was small as well. The double rooms on the Alpenblick's website looked bigger, as did the balconies, and it's a little less expensive, I think. Also, it's even farther towards the north end of town, where the view is even better. All IMO, of course.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Diane

I hate to muddy the waters again, but....we spent 3 nights in Muerren last month and stayed at the Hotel Bellevue. The hosts were wonderful and spoke great english. Our room was at the front of the building with a small balcony facing the mountains. I could wake up in the middle of the night and look out the window at the beautiful peaks.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 04:23 AM
Jen

Agree that the Bellevue is a great choice. Was just in Muerren last week for 5 days and stayed at the Anfi Palace. Do not recommend- too stuffy and snobby, although the room w/ balcony facing the mtns was great. However, we ate dinner at the Bellevue (after ditching half board at the Anfi)-good food and good family-run atmosphere. Agree the Eiger also has great views.