Reload this Page >

Hotel help in Paris

Search

Hotel help in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Jamie

Hotel help in Paris

anyone have a favorite hotel in Paris (preferably Champs, St. Germaine.)

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 12:36 PM
Margot

A favorite hotel of mine in the Saint-Germain-des-Pres area is the Hotel Buci. <BR>(22 rue de Buci) It was recently remodeled, has beautiful bathrooms, wonderful linens, slippers, and robes. There are special electric blinds to shut out the sounds and light from the street--great if you require a jet lag nap. The staff is very helpful and multilingual. There are plenty of good restaurants in the area, a fun street market right outside the door of the hotel, and a jazz club directly across the street. You can walk to most of the popular sites. It is a four star hotel with about 24 rooms. I'm usually pretty fussy about my hotel room--and this hotel exceeded my requirements!!!

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 12:39 PM
Jen

Margot - <BR> <BR>That's good to hear as I'll be staying at the Hotel Buci in 2 weeks time. <BR> <BR>My favorite one was booked - Jamie - you should try Hotel Buci Latin, which is right next door to the Hotel Buci. I believe it's less expensive. Very modern, hip, trendy. Great rooms and super staff. <BR> <BR>And, great location! <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Beth

Margot your hotel sounds like a real find. I prefer to stay in 4 star hotels myself but stay away from the truly luxurious and expensive. wha tis the price range of this one. I was looking at either the D'aubusson or Lutetia for my next visit but am still open to suggestions. Do you happen to know how this comapares to those two?

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 02:35 PM
Anne

I've been to Paris five times in the last two years (three in the last six months). The last hotel was by far the best, Residence des Arts on rue Git-le-Coeur in the 6th. Essentially just south of Notre Dame. Great location, huge rooms by Paris standards and friendly staff. Checked out the Lutetia and was very glad we hadn't stayed there...though it would have been nice to have been that close to Bon Marche, it is too far from everything else. <BR> <BR>The Hotel le Vieux Paris also on Git le Coeur is also very nice and has a 24-hour desk if that is important to you.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 05:17 PM
Jana

Hello! My husband and I are travelling to Paris in June and are staying at the Hotel Bel Ami in St. Germain. Please let me know if you have stayed there or have heard anything--good or bad. Merci!

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 10:17 PM
nancy o.

my husband and i stayed in st. germain last april at the Lenox St. Germain...lovely little hotel...good location...great lively bar/lounge...pleasant staff and quite affordable

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 02:30 AM
Jamie

Thank you very much

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 08:53 AM
marianne

Just returned from Paris a few weeks ago and stayed at the Lutetia--It was my second stay there and I just love it, <BR>beautiful rooms, great staff, lovely amenities and close to everything--great restaurants!! Hotel D'Aubusson and Relais Christine are nice too.

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 09:05 PM
mps

What about the Relais Saint Germain? I've read on other forums that it's very nice; large rooms and pleasant staff.

Old May 3rd, 2001, 08:06 AM
sandra

i just returned from a month in europe 3 weeks in paris, at a wonderful hotel called the Danube, 58 rue jacob. excellent service , very french, accomodating staff , marble baths, great breakfast for 55frcs, mac in lobby for email checking and i could go on and on. walking distance to st germain, bucci and the like. all for 850ffrs a night. greta night desk clerk Francois he knows every show tune in the world in english or french. one problem this hotel has such a following it's almost always booked. try thru hotel boulevard or call severin yourself.

Old May 3rd, 2001, 09:00 AM
BTilke

Jana, <BR>My cousin and her friend stayed at the Bel Ami late last year (I stayed at the Du Cadran in the 7th) and I saw their rooms, the lounges, etc. Overall, it's very nice, quite Euro modern in decor, good service (they reported), Internet terminals in the lobby, great location, etc. Their only complaints were: the lighting in their rooms was a little too dim for their taste and the shower nozzle really bugged them. It's ultra modern, a long tube shaped thing rather than the traditional round shower head. It was hard to take a shower without spraying water all over the bathroom and the water pressure was a little weak. My cousin, FYI, is very mechanically adept (she's an engineer who runs an electronics manufacturing plant) and still found it a pain. But other than that, high marks. <BR>I checked out the Danube for a friend and all I can say is, I hope you like very busy floral wallpaper!! It's the kind of decor that one either loves or hates. The one room I looked at had a red flocked wallpaper Asian theme with laquered furniture. The bathroom looked as if it could use some work--loose tiles, etc. But the staff there were great. The guy at the front desk was multi-tasking with remarkable serenity and aplomb. <BR>Beth, you don't say when your next visit will be, but there is a very promising 4-star hotel going up on the rue de Vaugirard across from the Luxembourg Gardens. When it's done, it looks like it will quickly become a hot property. I will be in Paris for two days next week and a day the following week, so I'll check to see its progress. <BR>BTilke (Brussels)

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 02:16 PM
Surlok

Topping for Ally, ref: Residence des Arts, Paris.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 03:16 PM
cdf

We stayed at the Danube and it was quite nice.The staff was excellent, the location is perfect,our room had what looked like old chinese water colors wall paper, very pretty, the furniture was antique, there was an enormous chandelier in the middle of the room~th bathroom was new and had this deep soaking tub..It must be an ok hotel if it is always booked, and the price is right!c

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 03:44 PM
pj

So glad to hear the reviews on Danube since I just booked the apartment for March stay!!! I was at Hotel Au Maniour St, Germain last year very nice also. I like to try different hotels though!

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 07:36 AM
Ally

Thanks for the topper Surlok! I ended up getting the Millesime. Hope I made the right choice now that I've seen this good review of Residence des Arts!

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 08:38 AM
Surlok

Ally,<BR><BR>I'm sure that you'll be very pleased by the hotel and also its location, Rue Jacob (it's very quaint street). I believe, judging by the standards of D'Aubusson, the bigger and older sister hotel, that you'll be likely very happy with the hotel staff as well.<BR><BR>Have a great time in Paris,<BR><BR>S